Registered Nurse RN PACU - Horizon West Medical Pavilion
Status: Full Time
ADDRESS: 17000 Porter Rd Winter Garden FL 34787
The new Horizon WestMedical Pavilion, and extension of the Horizon West Free Standing EmergencyDepartment, offers a full range of healthcare services, including:
- Family Medicine
- General Surgery
- Laboratory Services
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pediatric Medicine
- Personalized Health Improvement
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Sports Medicine
Our Phase 2expansion (opening in early 2021) includes the addition of a six-level hospitalwith a 120-bed capacity to meet the growing healthcare needs of the HorizonWest community.
As a PACU Nurse, you will be responsible for providing post-operative and recovery care for patients who have undergone anesthesia. Youwill find rewards in playing a meaningful role that ensures every patientreceives the safe, quality and personalized care they deserve.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred and must be willing to obtain within 36 months of date of hire (per ANCC Magnet Status; tuition reimbursement is available)
- Maintains current Florida RN licensure (or NCL compact) in good standing
- BLS with Healthcare Provider certification and ACLS required.
- Twelve months hospital RN experience required.
- Prior PACU RN experience strongly pereferred; may consider Critical Care and/or ER experience
- Assesses patients needs and develops/revises an individualized plan of care based on patient needs and responses. Evaluates the patients progress toward attaining expected outcomes.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on assigned unit/department.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patients status, and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to age-specific needs.
- Coordinates the care and delegates as appropriate to other team members on a defined group of patients.
- Documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory standards. This includes but is not limited to patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments, and patient safety.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit/ department-specific requisite skills.
- Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Evidence-Based Practice Standards of Care.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
- Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patients needs and the team members capabilities and qualifications.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition or unit concerns to other health care team members.
- Respects diversity by building respectful relationships with all team members and customers.
- Functions as a patient and family advocate.
- Demonstrates caring practices by providing a compassionate and therapeutic environment for patients and their families.
- Integrates patient and family education throughout the delivery of care.
- Participates in process improvement activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues and patients rights.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Practices efficient use of supplies and maintains a clean, safe, and organized work area.
- Attends staff development in-services, department meetings, and/or nursing committee meetings.
- Collaborates with management team to identify professional development needs.
- Serves on hospital, department, and/or nursing committees as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.