Corporate Pharmacy Coordinator - Scripts Pharmacy Administration - Days
Location: Orlando Health Corporate
Address: 1414 Kuhl Ave. Orlando FL 32806
Department: ScriptsPharmacy Administration
Status: Full Time
Coordinates all aspects of the organizations pharmacy directed committees such as: the Pharmacy Council and the Pharmacotherapy Committee and its Subcommittees, including membership, meeting, agenda preparation, meeting material preparation/distribution, recording of minutes and subsequent communications with the healthcare team and other interested parties.
- Operates as the liaison for drug replacement programs possibly in collaboration with external vendors. Works with patients to evaluate eligibility in medication assistance programs, access appropriate reimbursement programs and enroll patients. Performs related patient accounting credits/charges. Assures compliant billing and accounting practices through account management
- Communicates/promotes associations with patients, physicians, nurses, pharmacy staff, social workers, patient accounting staff, insurance companies, pharmaceutical manufacturers, and various others as necessary and appropriate to optimize pharmacoeconomic outcomes.
- Coordinates review, development and implementation of policies and procedures, guidelines, and protocols for effective pharmacy services throughout Orlando Health.
- Collects and provides analysis of pharmacy statistical information, to determine benchmarking and quality assurance.
- Coordinates the design, correction, editing and consensus-building for order sets containing pharmacotherapy in association with pharmacy leadership and information services.
- Maintains the pharmacy web-page in association with the Corporate Drug Information Coordinator.
- Analyzes and ensures compliance with the organization and departments standards for pharmacy education related travel, maintains oversight and operations of the Orlando Health Foundation Pharmacy Education Fund.
- Prepares accurate and effective meeting minutes that satisfy the requirements of organizational, regulatory, and accreditation agencies.
- Provides work direction to clerical personnel within pharmacy in relation to pharmaceutical vendors and the organizations pharmacy directed committees.
- Demonstrates leadership skill in both verbal and nonverbal communication behaviors. Develops informal and formal presentation skills.
- High School Diploma/Equivalent
- Four (4) years in health care related field required.
- Pharmacy technician certification may substitute for up to one (1) year experience.
- Associate degree my substitute for up to two (2) years of required experience.
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.