Director, Oncology Research Operations
Status: Full Time
Orlando Health is seeking a Director, Oncology Research Operations who will be responsible for oversight of research operations in the Cancer center including collaborative research activities with external consortiums and healthcare partners.
Orlando Health is a $3.8 billion not-for-profit healthcare organization and a community-based network of hospitals, physician practices and outpatient care centers across Central Florida. The organization is home to the areas only Level One Trauma Centers for adults and pediatrics and is a statutory teaching hospital system that offers both specialty and community hospitals. More than 3,100 physicians have privileges across the system, which is also one of the areas largest employers with more than 20,200 employees who serve more than 97,000 inpatients, more than 2.5 million outpatients, and more than 4,800 international patients each year. Additionally, Orlando Health provides more than $360 million in total value to the community in the form of charity care, community benefit programs and services, community building activities and more. Additional information can be found at www.orlandohealth.com.
Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in research operations, clinical trial management, human subjects research, and Good Clinical Practices.
- Academic clinical research experience desired.
- Must be capable of working with faculty and institutional administration in a collaborative manner.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with demonstrated supervisory skills desired.
- Directs and oversees the activities of the research program consistent with its strategic goals.
- Works alongside medical director of oncology research to operationalize new and existing research programs and initiatives.
- Direct oversight for the Clinical Research Program consistent with the overall goals of the cancer center, particularly as they relate to the maintenance of Cancer Center of Excellence Award and consistent with the corporate goals of Orlando Health.
- Responsible for collaborations with satellite facilities of Orlando Health to promote development of collaborative research programs.
- Advises physicians/investigators on institutional and federal guidelines for conducting research at Orlando Health.
- Responsible for contracts and budgets associated with these research activities within the parameters established by OH corporate legal and corporate research operations.
- Establish and maintain department budgets of the research cost centers associated with oncology research.
- Provide financial reports as requested by the cancer center leadership.
- Oversight of research revenue and expenses including accrued revenue from individual clinical trials.
- Administrator over oncology research managers and supervisors.
- Works with medical director and oncology faculty to maintain research pods that are fully compliant with federal regulations and guidelines.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.