Periop Support Associate - Health Central Surgery - Second - Orlando Health - Health Central Hospital
The Perioperative Support Associate participates as a member of the perioperative nursing team. The primary focus of this position is patient, specimen and equipment transport, O.R. sanitation and assistance with maintenance of unit supply levels.
Top Reasons to Choose Orlando Health:
- Competitive Pay: Evening, nights, and weekend shift differentials offered for qualifying positions.
- Professional Growth: Promotional opportunities available as team members gain experience in perioperative support.
- Employee-centric: Orlando Health has been selected as one of the 2019 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
- Committed to Community: Orlando Health provides more than $450 million in total value to the community in the form of charity care, community benefit programs and services, community building activities and more.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Maintains current BLS/HealthCare certification.
- Specific duties include cleaning stretchers, O.R. tables, equipment and rooms.
- May assist the registered nurse and anesthetist in transporting postoperative patients to the recovery unit. Conveys and receives information in a timely manner.
- Performs operating room sanitation tasks.
- Stocks operating room with supplies.
- Checks, counts and stocks supplies (warmers, cabinets, bovies, substerile/supply rooms, linen and bags).
- Transports patient specimens, cultures, blood and body fluids to pathology, radiology and the laboratory.
- Provides assistance with moving and lifting patients, supplies and equipment.
- Reports defective material or equipment to supervisor.
- Under the direct supervision of the Registered nurse and/or anesthesia provider, may assist with positioning of patients for procedures and performs sterile gloving without contamination and holds extremities during patient preparation.
- Transports and delivers items, equipment, and medications (excluding controlled substances and IV chemotherapy drugs) throughout the facility.
- May have limited access to areas storing medications.