The Service Technician will be responsible for service calls to job sites and homes resolving issues using technical skills on windows, sliding glass doors, and screens. The following description details the duties. These duties include, but are not limited to the following functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive spreadsheet from Service Dept on schedule for next day via email.
- Complete service calls for current day.
- Gas up service vehicle prior to returning to warehouse.
- Upon returning to warehouse, park by assigned next day’s service cart.
- Unload any materials from current day that are not needed for next day.
- Load next day’s appt materials.
- Park truck in service truck parking within warehouse.
- Clean out truck, 5S supplies, and replenish any material that are low or empty.
- Next day, arrive at warehouse, get paperwork for service calls at Service Tech’s wall pockets.
- Do pre-trip inspection of truck. Check tires, marker lights, and for any damage. Report if found.
- Map route out, incorporating any high importance tasks with directional efficiencies to maximize time.
- Complete service calls and fill out corresponding paperwork (cover sheet or screen install checklist). Have SUPER or homeowner sign acknowledging job was completed and satisfied.
- Take picture and/or attach to email and send to Service Dept.
- If issue can’t be resolved, notate issues on cover sheet and take picture of sheet and send back electronically to Service Dept.
- Working safely.
- Pre-trip inspection of service vehicle and maintenance scheduling of that vehicle.
- Installing drywall windows as needed.
- Installing screen packages when requested.
- Verifying proper function of all sliding glass doors and windows.
- Once trained, provide training to new Service Tech’s.
- Working with Service Schedulers to get field issues resolved timely.
- General housekeeping responsibilities after job is complete, picking up trash and parts left over.
- Maintain 5S standard of truck including: materials, tools, cab, and storage areas.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- 1-3 years prior construction or technical experience.
- Some knowledge of window construction supplies.
- Ability to think fast.
- Ability to manage time to get the job done within the time allotted.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good math skills are a plus.
- Team Player.
- Clean driving record.
- Customer service experience.
- Job requires some extended hours, as needed, to accomplish job requirements.
- Job requires working in a construction site which includes load noises, high temperatures, and humidity.
- Job requires working in and around machinery/powered equipment and associated safety risks.
- Job requires interaction with all levels within the location and all their direct reports (as needed).
- Job requires interaction with customers to resolve issues.
- Job sometimes requires lifting, standing, walking, and sitting for long periods of time around a manufacturing and/or warehouse facility as well as on the construction job site.
Apply for Service Technician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly