Front Office - Medical
Growing healthcare company focusing on services to the LGBTQ community
This is a Monday - Friday position 8a-6p most days. Occasionally working Saturdays
The Business Office Specialist serves patients by greeting and helping them; scheduling appointments; maintaining records and accounts.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone, via email, or social media.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures all patients requesting services receive a response on the same business day the request in made, or the next business day if the request is made after 5pm.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; assists when necessary the filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; informing leader when supplies are needed; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Understands medical terminology and can work in Electronic Medical Systems documenting and uploading patient documents.
- Background in Healthcare is required
- Must be tech savvy
Compensation is $13.50-14.39/hr., based on related experience
Apply for Front Office - Medical
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly