Hot Prep Cook- Health Central Horizon West-Full Time-Shift Varies
Department: Horizon West Food Nutrition
Status: Full Time
The Hot Prep Cook Prepares all hot food items for both patient and non-patient food services, following all production plans and recipes as assigned by the Executive Chef, Food & Nutrition Supervisor or Production Leader.
- Ability to read and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Assists as needed in tray assembly, preparing of special diet needs (puree meals, supplements or non-patient services.
- Knows basic food preparation techniques including receiving, storing, preparation and holding of food items.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of food service sanitation and practices infection control procedures. Is familiar with all practices and procedures of the HAACP guidelines and adheres to them.
- Communicates proper information regarding patient, non-patient or department needs to the Executive Chef, Food and Nutrition Supervisor, Group Leaders and peers of the food service team.
- Demonstrates a willingness to help on work that needs to be done, will help in other areas of the kitchen when necessary (i.e., cold prep, bakery, store room, caf serving line, dish room or tray line.)
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Participates in monthly departmental AQ/QI activities and all related services.
- Observes all departmental rules and regulations.
- Follows proper portion controls and menu preparation.
- Is knowledgeable about all cold food preparation procedures and performs these duties when necessary. Follows all universal precautions as they apply to food services.
- Prepares meat roasting charts, temperature logs, leftover logs, etc. as needed.
ADDRESS: 10000 West Colonial Dr Ocoee FL 34761
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.