Manager, Cardiovascular Service Line - Dr. P. Phillips Hospital - Cath Lab req21396
Orlando Health Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is an acute care facility serving southwest Orange County since 1985. Located about 10 miles southwest of the downtown Orlando Health campus, the 285-bed hospital offers a full spectrum of care that includes emergency care for all ages, including a dedicated pediatric emergency room supported by Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children; minimally invasive surgery, including being recognized as a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery; and orthopedic services, including Advanced Total Hip and Knee Replacement certification. The Orlando Health UF Health Cancer Center Dr. Phillips, located on the hospital campus, allows patients community access to cancer care including chemotherapy and radiation treatment, medical oncology services, surgical oncology consultations, oncologic pharmacy services, laboratory facilities and Cancer Support Community programs. The hospital also provides services at the Orlando Health Emergency Room and Medical Pavilion Osceola in Kissimmee.
Here, we have built a reputation around solving complex challenges, hiring the best professionals and staff to lead our patients toward the best outcomes. We were selected as one of Modern Healthcares Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2020. We received this national distinction due to our success at creating an empowered, engaged and satisfied workforce. Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is also proud to be on the Magnet Journey, the highest award for Nursing Excellence.
Responsible for ensuring quality of care, patient-first focus and adequate patient access in daily operations within the scope of services through fiscal responsibility, resource allocation, continual process improvement, quality assurance and collaboration with physician and administrative leadership as well as other departments. May have responsibility for multiple units/departments at one or more sites. Works with administrative team at each site, with the goal of positioning Orlando Health to be the most advanced and comprehensive center for heart care in Florida, achieved through the over-arching organizational strategies of Patient-First, clinically integrated, quality outcome-driven model of care.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Five (5) years related experience, to include two (2) years in a leadership position commensurate with competencies required to demonstrate and achieve the essential role responsibilities and requirements.
- Has direct accountability for creation and performance of an annual budget up to $20 million and is responsible for a staff of up to 75 full-time equivalents (FTEs).
- In partnership with physician and administrative leadership, responsible for developing short and long-term strategic goals centered on patient care, process efficiency, quality assurance and regulatory compliance.
- Works collaboratively with other leadership on inter/intra departmental services and projects.
- In partnership with administrative leadership helps to implement and maintain mechanisms to ensure a uniform quality of care, patient-first focus and adequate patient access within scope.
- Meets established productivity targets through resource adjustment and workload monitoring.
- Oversees patient care flow while redirecting and allocating necessary resources.
- Determines necessary space, equipment, supplies and support systems to ensure effectiveness of departments/areas.
- Investigates patient/visitor concerns and implement appropriate courses of action including interpretation and administration of policies.
- Ensures that safety, health and regulatory standards are attained within units/departments.
- Maintains, revises and implements changes in unit/departmental policies and procedures to meet all licensing agency requirements.
- Executes in changing and uncertain environments.
- Provides support to team members assigned for the full accomplishment of their assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Motivates staff through building on strengths of the individual and his/her desire to excel.
- Develops an effective team.
- Encourages innovation by creating an environment where idea generation and creativity are valued.
- Continually evaluates staff performance/behaviors ensuring that they are commensurate with essential competencies/behaviors.
- Ensures staff and resources are available to meet needs of the department/area.
- Communicates pertinent information in a timely manner to administration and/or team members.
- Monitors budgetary performance within scope and addresses negative variances.
- Maintains quality control programs as applicable.
- Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives as directed by administration and/or physician leadership.
- In partnership with physician leaders, identifies new service opportunities within scope and proposes to administrative team for implementation.
- Manages various human resources functions including hiring, work assignments, coaching plans, and performance counseling.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Orlando Health is one of Floridas most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare systems providing access to nearly two million Central Florida residents and has provided care for more than 4,600 international visitors annually. Our physician practices, diagnostic centers, hospitals and advanced medical treatments and procedures, along with our highly qualified team of medical specialists, have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader. We are one of Central Floridas largest employers with more than 15,000 employees and nearly 3,000 affiliated physicians supporting our philosophy of providing a continuum of care that revolves around patients needs. As a leading healthcare resource, providing world-class medical care as well as training our future healthcare providers, Orlando Health will continue to foster growth and development throughout the region for generations to come. We are looking for talented individuals to be part of our team.