Patient Safety Attendant Psychology Grad Pool Per Diem - Dr. P. Phillips Hospital - Day Shift
Department: DPH Patient Safety Attendants
Status: Pool/Per Diem
Dr. P. Phillips Hospital (formerly Orlando Regional Sand Lake Hospital) is a full-service medical/surgical facility serving the residents of Southwest Orange County and Orlandos growing tourist population. In addition to a highly qualified team of nurses, support staff and physicians, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is equipped with the latest technology in diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular catheterization and angiography.
Specialize in Unparalleled Patient Care at Dr. P. Phillips Hospital. With an international reputation for highly specialized care and state-of-the-art medicine, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is a 285-bed, full-service medical/surgical facility serving the needs of Southwest Orange County residents. In addition to being supported by a team of outstanding nurse leaders, top-quality support staff and world-renowned physicians, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital will take your skills and capabilities further with the latest tools and resources, as well as leading-edge technology in diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular catheterization and angiography. Here, we have built a reputation around solving complex challenges, hiring the best professionals and staff to lead our patients toward the best outcomes. We were selected as one of Modern Healthcares Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2020. We received this national distinction due to our success at creating an empowered, engaged and satisfied workforce. Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is also proud to be on the Magnet Journey, the highest award for Nursing Excellence! DPH has submitted their Magnet document in October 2020 and will be designated in 2022 as a Magnet facility.
The Patient Safety Attendant performs vigilant increased visual observation or continuous visual observation as ordered for the patient.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Psychology Graduate preferred.
Maintains current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification HeartSaver CPR.
- Provides diversionary activities such as reading aloud to the patient.
- Assists the patient with nutrition needs as necessary under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Accompanies the patient to diagnostic testing and procedures and maintains observation of the patient during tests or procedures.
- Never leaves the patient alone unless instructed to by the nurse. For Baker and Marchman Act patients, the patient can never be left alone for any reason.
- Receives report from the RN and previous Patient Safety Attendant and gives report to the RN and oncoming Patient Safety Attendant before leaving.
- Utilizes the Safe Patient Room Environment Checklist with every change of staff or transfer of care as part of hand off for Baker Act, behavioral health, and suicide risk patients.
- Observes for any changes in the patients behaviors or actions and immediately reports them to the Registered Nurse.
- Maintains attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal,state, and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures
Other Related Functions
- Remains awake and alert at all times. Does not engage in activities that would distract them from the patient, such as reading, studying, socializing, using telephone, watching television.
- Maintains a clean and safe patient care environment.
- Receives and processes incoming calls, patient calls, and guest requests as appropriate to the patient.
ADDRESS: 9400 Turkey Lake Rd. (Dr. P. Phillips Hospital) Orlando FL 32819
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.