VP-EB-Allstate Benefits Ops. & Tech.
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
This leader has responsibilitiy for setting the strategic direction, operating priorities and developing appropriate metrics and standards for the operational infrastructure at Allstate Benefits (AB), a division of Allstate Financial Products. Scope of responsibilities includes enrollment, new business, policy administration, claims and customer care in addition to working with the AB Senior Leadership team and the Allstate technology divisional chief information officer to establish strategic goals and priorities for all AB technology initiatives, including those supporting business transformation efforts.
This position reports to the Presdient, Allstate Benefits.
- Partners with senior leadership across the enterprise to establish and achieve strategic roadmap objectives, while working with leaders within the AB organization to advance strategic and customer experience objectives. Actively involved in the annual and strategic planning process.
- Lead efforts to create a proactive and entrepreneurial culture that is focused on innovation, execution excellence, process discipline and customer experience.
- Consults with sales leaders, brokers and agencies to obtain feedback on strategic business issues and direction AB should take from and Operations and IT perspective.
- Ensures implementation of innovative and cost-effective programs to meet current and future needs of the organization. Meets regularly with the president and CFO to review results and make decisions regarding expenses.
- Serves as a strong integrator and liaison to all business support functions, including managing business risks. Work with cross functional teams to align and deliver programs and transformation plans across multiple investment domains.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
Key Responsibilities Con't
- Initiate and make real-time informed decisions by understanding the business implications of business performance metrics, operational analytics and reporting trends
- Establish and deliver on key operational performance metrics to improve customer experience, overall satisfaction, efficiency and critical business processes. Presents business performance reviews, meetings, reports and metrics to executive leadership.
- Oversees execution of key operational decisions as it relates to budgetary decisions, business results, communication, disaster recovery planning and facility management.
- Ensures that departmental decisions and project plans, such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organizations business plan and vision.
- Partner with other AB senior leaders and distribution to ensure a favorable positioning of the Company’s ecosystem of products and/or services as a market leader with superior customer experiences.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; may also have advanced degree.
- Has held a senior leadership position within the voluntary benefits or Life and Health industries with a strong Operational and metrics driven focus.
- 12 or more years of experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Demonstrated strategic leadership capabilities, ideally within a complex operations function.
- Demonstrated experience; proven track record of delivering excellent results aligned with strategic objectives that are measurable and sustainable.
- Ability to structure, analyze, and synthesize findings, identify root causes, and independently develop creative pragmatic recommendations.
- Experience developing and leading large-scale organizational/operational change efforts and large complex projects involving ambiguity.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to influence, identify mindset challenges, synthesize key messages, and interact effectively and professionally with a wide variety of internal and external clients including Executive level leadership.
- Proven leader with a demonstrated track record of designing and implementing strategic initiatives and ability to build operational plans with a strong record of driving organizational change and creating a strong culture of accountability.
Functional Skills Con't
- Advanced relationship management and leadership skills
- Advanced ability to translate business objectives into action plans, can articulate a vision and generate necessary consensus.
- Results driven and comfortable in driving change in a matrixed organization
- Proven ability to work across organizational boundaries and capability to influence senior and executive management
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines, ability to perform in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment, ability to manage internal and external resources
- Demonstrated capability to lead across a complex business, securing the commitment and alignment of differing parts of the organization using direct influence and indirect authority
- Advanced Microsoft Suite skills (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, MS Teams, Project)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.