Information Technology IT Security Analyst
Searching for a role where you drive some of the future’s most promising innovations? FARO is an international company where ideas count more than hierarchy. We develop and market computer-aided 3D measurement and imaging devices and software. At FARO, smart, skilled people work together in an open atmosphere…. And challenging work never gets boring.
Become a part of this great team and start moving forward.
IT Security Analyst is responsible for a broad range of tasks including but not limited to, the effective implementation of technical and organizational measures to safeguard FARO's information assets, on-premises and cloud infrastructures; managing the day-to-day operations and effectiveness of security-related programs and initiatives; assessing the costs associated with potential threats and solutions required to eliminate or minimize physical and cyber threats.
- An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
- Leading edge technology
- A dynamic team of engineering, sales and marketing professionals to work with
- Associate degree in Information Technology (or related field) preferred or with a minimum of 2 years of work experience in an information security role.
- 2 or more years of experience in 9 or more of the following areas
- Working experience in information security architecture
- Working experience in Cybersecurity risk management
- Working experience in information security management/framework
- Working experience in switching, routing, IDS, IPS and firewalls technologies
- Working experience in security device management and SIEM
- Working experience in WAN, LAN, Wi-Fi, and VPN protocols and services
- Working experience in data center administration
- Working experience in project administration and documentation
- Working experience in managing multiple priorities
- Working experience in Identity Access Management
- Working experience in Microsoft Active Directory
- Working experience in Microsoft Windows Server infrastructure
- Working experience in Microsoft Office 365 suite
- Working experience in Cloud Computing
- Working experience in IT Virtualization
- Working experience in change management
- Working experience in tactical and strategic planning
How you will make a difference @ FARO:
- Research, design, implementation and management of multi-platform, multi-vendor information security services and solutions
- Install, configure, monitor and manage the security monitoring infrastructure
- Develop and maintain strategies to respond to and recover from security breaches
- Provide Incident Response (IR) support, containment and recovery
- Develop and maintain network security plans and policies, business continuity and disaster recovery, data encryption and other security products and procedures
- Work with SOC to monitor network and systems for security events and breaches
- Review and analyze security logs to safeguard the company from unauthorized access and or potential intrusions and cyber-attacks
- Monitor, review and analyze network and systems logs ensuring optimal network configurations and performance
- Conduct periodic penetration test and network scans for vulnerabilities
- Participate in incident response, including steps to minimize the impact and then conducting a technical and forensic investigation into how the breach happened and the extent of the damage
- Provision, support and manage SaaS/Cloud computing applications portfolio
- Provision, support and manage virtualization infrastructure
- Responsible for security infrastructure equipment and systems lifecycle
- Responsible for resolving all tier security issues
- Review, respond and support of network and systems inquiries from end users
- Review and recommend new hardware and software for deployment emphasizing security controls
- Providing security guidance to the Global Infrastructure/EUC team; identify security gaps and drive remediation plans to close the gaps
- Participate in audits and adhering to corporate policies
- Develop and manage project and work plans to drive projects to closure
- Working with management to evaluate current systems and processes, identify gaps, define technical requirements, and assist in the selection of vendors and applications to meet the organization’s requirements
- Create and update departmental procedures, policies and manuals.
- Required: CompTIA Security+ or equivalent work experience
- One or more of the following: Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Penetration Tester (CWAPT),
- AWS certification, MCSA – Cloud Platform certification, MCSE, CISSP, CEH, CCSP, CISM, Network+
- ITIL certification a plus
- The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk and communicate, use hands/finger, feel and reach with arms. This position requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stoop as necessary and occasionally life office products, supplies, files and network equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Speak and prepare oral and written communication clearly and effectively, fostering open communication, listen to others, and deliver presentations.
- Act with integrity, demonstrate adaptability, and develop self through learning and feedback.
- Convey a sense of urgency, persistence, and commitment.
- Think strategically, analyze issues, use sound judgment, and innovate.
What FARO can offer you:
FARO has excellent benefits for you and your family. We not only care for our employees but also to their immediate family members. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
- A competitive paid time off bank and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, life and AD&D insurance plans
- Pre-tax flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement and training opportunities
- Wellness fairs
- Frequent lunch and learns to help educate employees about various issues affecting their lives
- Other employee events
FARO Technologies is a Drug Free Workplace with Pre-Employment Drug Screening. We provide equal employment [and affirmative action] opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.