Associate Inside Sales Account Executive
Job Requisition ID: 16442
Inside Sales Account Executive I
Entry level opportunity to build your sales career with HMH. Join a dynamic team of Inside Sales professionals to service customers and sell HMH digital connected teaching and learning system with proven K-12 core, intervention and supplemental programs, services, and assessments for today’s classrooms. Territory management utilizing SalesForce.com (CRM Database) includes existing and new business opportunities. Territory assignment requires focus on territory analysis and management to provide outstanding customer support and target key accounts to position solutions that accelerate student success toward district initiatives. With a great work life balance and opportunities for advancement, the Inside Sales Account Executive is provided a competitive base salary, plus incentive plan and accelerators for exceeding quota.
- Manage assigned territory. Develop comprehensive territory plan to service customers and identify strategic sales opportunities. Time management, attention to detail and analysis of customer base is important.
- Partner with National Accounts field reps by supporting and serving individual sites within national organization. Coordinate site-based proposals and purchase orders while working through the unique procurement and delivery processes.
- Provide product updates and service to current customers.
- Consult with new customers on the new HMH digital teaching and learning system.
- Effectively maintain and grow knowledge of accounts, HMH offerings, and key trends in education to develop credibility amongst customers and internal colleagues.
- Create ongoing plan for prioritization of customer calls, emails and scheduled appointments to drive sales pipeline advancement, accurate forecasting and quota achievement.
- Proactively share market trends, industry news, competitive information with leadership to impact future HMH offerings and solutions.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent educational experience
- Proficient in MS Office and Sales Management Software
Preferred Education, Experience and Abilities:
- Previous Sales Experience in Inside Sales, Customer Management, and/or relevant intern or extra-curricular involvement preferred.
- Educational/Technology sales experience and teaching skills are desirable.
- Remote based position
Travel: Limited travel. Potentially one sales meeting a year.
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.