Federal Inspection Services (FIS) Agent
The Federal Inspection Services (FIS) Agent works with international passengers assisting with luggage and providing direction through customs.
This is a physically demanding position which requires on-the-job security training and the ability to receivee all applicable airport security badges.
- Assist arriving passengers with baggage placement on recheck belts and explain the process of reclaiming luggage to customers Dispatch baggage delivery routes efficiently and with a focus on meeting service levels
- Provide baggage carousel assignments to ground handlers for the delivery of bags into the baggage control area of the FIS and observe for proper placement and alignment to avoid any baggage jams during the offloading of baggage
- Provides safety guidelines when issuing operating instructions
- Regular communication with airport Staff
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Able to secure required badging and custom seal and pass required background and drug screens
- Be able to meet company appearance guidelines
- Available to work various shifts and follow the company attendance policy
- Be able to ensure the safe, secure, and expeditious transit of international passengers and luggage through various facilities of the FIS with excellent customer service and good communication skills
- Be able to observe the arrival of all international flights, and document the accurate arrival and departures times of the flights as well as documenting passenger “hold” and “release” times and any other pertinent information regarding the status of the flights
- Be able to safely and efficiently move, arrange and adjust baggage on baggage carousel to accommodate additional baggage
- Be able to stand, lift, climb, push and/or bend for extended periods of time and have the ability to lift objects and baggage with weights in excess of 70 pounds in a safe manner
- Be able to safely and efficiently clear baggage jams that may occur on the recheck belts
- Be able to assist arriving passengers with special needs by providing escort to the elevator and to the Automated People Mover station
- Be able to safely and efficiently retrieve baggage carts from customers as they leave the FIS area as well as continually return the carts back into the FIS for use by additional arriving passengers
- Be able to answer general questions of the passengers and be able to interact politely and professionally with passengers, airline representatives and federal agency employees
- Be able to provide general housekeeping of the checkpoint area to ensure that the overall appearance of the checkpoint is clean and presentable
- Understand that if requested by the AAR, they are to perform any other customer services related work as needed throughout the airport
Employees are expected at all times to present a professional business-like image, even when working behind the scenes. It is the policy of the Company that each employee’s dress, grooming, and personal hygiene should be appropriate to the work situation and be consistent with the Company’s business standards.
- For all male employees a fully grown in, well-maintained mustache, beard or goatee is permitted
- Facial hair must be neatly trimmed at one-fourth of an inch in length and may not present an unkempt appearance
- No visible tattoos or body piercings are allowed. Any tattoos must be covered by your uniform or other means agreed upon by management.
- Clean & well-maintained approved uniforms must be worn on shift
- Additional requirements as specified by management
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers and to communicate with customers and fellow employees. The employee is frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; stand; walk. The employee is also frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch. In addition, the employee is required to of twist, turn, stretch, and bend on a frequent basis. The employee must be able to lift and move up to 75 pounds regularly. The employee must be able to move in a relatively quick manner. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision and Ability to adjust focus.