CT Technologist - ORMC Rad CAT Scan - Days
Department: ORMC Rad CAT Scan
Status: Variable Full Time
Located on the downtown Orlando campus, Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center
(ORMC) has served the Central Florida area for more than 100 years. Orlando Health ORMC is
the flagship hospital of the Orlando Health system and one of the largest tertiary facilities in the
region, offering the most advanced care available for surgical, medical, rehabilitative and
emergency care needs, including serving as Central Floridas only Level One Trauma Center. The
hospital provides a comprehensive continuum of care through leading-edge technology and
expertise in trauma, heart, vascular, stroke, neuroscience, oncology, surgery and orthopedic
care. This excellence in care has earned the hospital recognition from U.S. News & World Report
as a Best Hospital in Central Florida and rated high performing in nine adult procedures and
conditions. Thirteen hospital units at Orlando Health ORMC currently hold Beacon Awards for
Excellence for exceptional nursing care from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses,
making it one of the highest-earning adult hospitals in the state.
The CT Technologist provides quality patient care when performing diagnostic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy for interpretation and/or intervention while adhering to radiation safety principles.
Graduate of accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
- Valid Certified Radiologic Technologist licensure by the State of Florida and
- Valid American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification and
- Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification
- Exercises professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complimentary to quality care.
- Delivers appropriate care while recognizing patient conditions and ensuring successful completion of procedures.
- Complies with all state and federal regulations applicable to each modality.
- Adheres to Orlando Health mission statements and commitment to excellence standards.
- Assesses the patients physical condition and age specific needs.
- Provides instructions that achieve patient cooperation and desired results.
- Performs proper patient identification, acquires patients clinical history and assures that the information is accurately documented.
- Positions patient, equipment, associated devices and manipulates technical factors to achieve high quality images for interpretation.
- Assesses diagnostic images for technical quality, proper annotation and patient identification, ensuring that all relative anatomy is demonstrated.
- Applies principles of radiation safety to minimize exposure to patients, self, and others.
- Comprehends and complies with Quality Control standards and participates in all Quality Control tasks.
- Demonstrates proficiency in contrast medication administration with and without use of power injectors.
- Administers medical aid as required in cases of adverse reaction to contrast medication and/or other emergencies
- Applies appropriate standard precautions and personal protective equipment to prevent cross-contamination of contagious diseases.
- Assists in supervision of student technologists and training of new technologists.
- Utilizes all Corporate Radiology computer systems effectively and accurately.
- Ensures safety of all customers.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
ADDRESS: 1414 Kuhl Ave. (ORMC) Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.