Plumber (3rd shift)
maintain the fun. Use your technical and mechanical skills to keep our resort in perfect working order. That means making sure that our Universe is show ready and safe for our guests!
Job Description & Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for performing the highly skilled, discipline specific tasks required to ensure the smooth operation of Universal Orlando Facilities as it pertains to all industrial, commercial and non-commercial plumbing equipment, utilities and infrastructure.
- Maintain, service and repair all UO plumbing systems, including, but not limited to: water closets; urinals; sinks; faucets; drinking fountains and all associated piping by complying with all NSF, ADA and State Plumbing codes and regulations. Interface with Contractors and Code Enforcement Agencies Maintain records of all changes to current infrastructure, including but not limited to: natural gas, sanitary, storm, potable and industrial water systems; update all utility maps with as-built drawings accordingly.
- Maintain, service and repair all UO infrastructure, including, but not limited to: sanitary lines; grease lines; oil lines; grease traps; lift stations and interceptors. Operate large cable commercial sewer machines and high-pressure line jetting equipment.
- Maintain, service and repair all potable water systems as it pertains to UO Facilities, including, but not limited to: water softeners; water heaters; steam effect boilers; potable backflow preventers; circulating pumps; tempering valves; mixing valves; high pressure fog/mist lines; nozzles and pumps and all related potable infrastructure.
- Maintain, service and repair UO natural gas systems, including, but not limited to, all above ground and below ground pipes, valves and fittings. Perform all leak and cathodic protection surveys. Locate underground gas piping using line locate equipment as needed and/or mandated by the Public Service Commission. Utilize appropriate leak detection equipment to identify and locate underground gas leaks.
- Maintain, service and repair all high-pressure steam boilers and piping. Perform daily water conductivity tests on boiler feed water. Maintain all flame, water, natural gas and pressure controls as well as all other safety devices. Maintain, service and repair all makeup water feed pumps and associated piping. Support annual state inspections on fireside as well as perform wet side boiler inspections.
- Maintain, service and repair all water based fire protection systems, including, but not limited to: all fire hydrants; fire sprinkler systems; fire pumps; industrial backflow preventers and all related fire infrastructure.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Maintain, service, troubleshoot, repair and operate all commercial and industrial plumbing systems to ensure the continuous smooth operation of Universal Orlando. Including, but not limited to: potable water, industrial water, natural gas, sanitary, storm, grease, high pressure steam and fire protection systems; compressed air piping; and chilled water piping. Maintain all facility plumbing in accordance with all applicable codes, standards and UO specifications.
EDUCATION: High School degree or GED required. Technical school preferred
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years experience in industrial and commercial construction, maintenance facility or a fast paced service company dedicated to plumbing repair is required. Minimum 1 years experience in theme park industry is preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: A valid Florida Drivers License is required to operate company vehicles. A valid Master Plumbing License, State or County Journeymans Plumbing License, or State Certified Contractors Plumbing License is required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2020 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE