Assistant Director of Nursing - Center for Rehabilitation (First-Full Time),OHCFR Nursing Admin at Orlando Health - Health Central Hospital - req19393
Located in Ocoee about 11 miles west of the downtown Orlando Health campus, the 212-bed Orlando Health Health Central Hospital provides comprehensive medical and surgical acute care for the families of west Orange County communities. The hospital has earned Spine Surgery, Joint Replacement and Primary Stroke certification from The Joint Commission. Also located on the expanded Orlando Health Health Central campus is a 30,000-square-foot comprehensive cancer center with clinical programs and services for patients and families. The cancer center became the only facility in Central Florida, and only the sixth in the nation, to offer MRIdian therapy, which allows for more precise treatment of cancer tumors through real-time magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) during radiation beam therapy. The Orlando Health Center for Rehabilitation, which includes a 60-bed rehabilitation unit, a 40-bed Alzheimers unit, a 10-bed hospice unit and outpatient rehabilitation services, also is located at the Orlando Health Health Central campus. The hospital also provides services at the Orlando Health Emergency Room and Medical Pavilion Horizon West in nearby Winter Garden.
The Assistant Director of Nursing assists the Director of Nursing in planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operation of the Nursing Service Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator, the Medical Director, and/or the Director of Nursing to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Licensure/Certification Maintains current Florida RN license renewed every two years.
- Maintains current BLS certification.
- Two (2) years of experience as a supervisor in a short-term rehabilitation and/or long-term care facility.
- Must possess training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices
- Develops, implements, educates and audits the infection prevention program.
- Develops and educates team members following the annual education calendar.
- Develops and implements the nursing department orientation program.
- Completes flu vaccinations for Employee Health.
- Delivers required clinical education for general orientation.
- Monitors compliance with recommended restrictions from Employee Health and report injury statistics to the QA Committee
- Manages Net Learning and ensures team member compliance.
- Assists Director of Nursing with daily functions of the department.
- Interviews, trains, coaches and counsels and completes performance evaluations for assigned team members.
- Performs hard and electronic chart audits for compliance.
- Assumes responsibility for the Nursing Department in the absence of the Director of Nursing.
- Manages various human resources functions including hiring, work assignments, coaching plans, and performance counseling.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health Central policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health Central policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Participates in Process Improvement activities as assigned.
ADDRESS: 1300 Hempel Avenue Ocoee FL 34761
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's mostcomprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based inOrlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, andhighly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leaderfor nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 internationalvisitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.