Certified Nursing Assistant - CFR Rehab - Second
Department: OHCFR Nursing Rehab Unit
Status: Full Time
Located in Ocoee about 11 miles west of the downtown Orlando Health campus, the 212-bed Orlando Health Health Central Hospital provides comprehensive medical and surgical acute care for the families of west Orange County communities. The hospital has earned Spine Surgery, Joint Replacement and Primary Stroke certification from The Joint Commission. Also located on the expanded Orlando Health Health Central campus is a 30,000-square-foot comprehensive cancer center with clinical programs and services for patients and families. The cancer center became the only facility in Central Florida, and only the sixth in the nation, to offer MRIdian therapy, which allows for more precise treatment of cancer tumors through real-time magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) during radiation beam therapy. The Orlando Health Center for Rehabilitation, which includes a 60-bed rehabilitation unit, a 40-bed Alzheimers unit, a 10-bed hospice unit and outpatient rehabilitation services, also is located at the Orlando Health Health Central campus. The hospital also provides services at the Orlando Health Emergency Room and Medical Pavilion Horizon West in nearby Winter Garden.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (SNF) Performs general resident care to residents under the direction and supervision of the Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse.
Full-Time, midshift 5 - 8 hours shifts per week (3pm - 11pm)
- Must be able to demonstrate reading, verbal and written communication, mathematical, and reasoning skills.
- Training to successfully pass CNA licensure examination.
- Maintains current Florida CNA license renewed every two years.
- Maintains current BLS certification.
- May be required to maintain a valid Florida drivers license and must be insurable under the Orlando Health insurance carriers requirements and standards.
- Assists residents with hygiene, mobility, hydration, elimination and nutritional needs.
- Provides routine treatments and maintains a safe, clean, neat, and organized resident environment.
- Maintains safety and security of residents, families, self, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Assures resident privacy, rights, and confidentiality.
- Follows standard precautions, always washes hands between residents.
- Assists with admission, transfer, and discharge of residents.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiratory rates, food and fluid intake and output as directed.
- Obtains data and accurately documents pertinent resident information according to Orlando Health specific policies and guidelines.
- Recognizes and communicates appropriate information and safety concerns regarding the residents condition to the LPN/RN and/or other members of the healthcare team.
- Participates in handoff report and purposeful hourly rounding of residents.
- Provides exceptional service and or care to all residents, families, customers and team members.
- Demonstrates competency in specific tasks and skills as defined by Orlando Health and unit specific competencies.
- Maintains a clean, neat, safe and organized nursing unit.
- Receives and processes incoming phone calls, resident call lights and guest requests.
- Transports and delivers items, equipment, blood products, and medications (excluding controlled substances and IV chemotherapy drugs) throughout the facility.
- May have limited access to areas storing medications.
Depending on assignment, may be responsible for the following transport duties:
- Transports residents and/or staff for appoints or events.
- Observes residents behavior while riding the bus or van and reports as needed.
- Documents and retains all receipts from tolls, gas charges, repairs, and monthly trip log to submit to Accounting monthly.
- Reports all incidents/accidents immediately; reports all unsafe/hazardous conditions/equipment immediately.
- Ensures the vehicles are in safe condition for transport.
- Recommends to the Director of Plant Operations the vehicles maintenance needs (i.e., new tires, oil changes, brake inspections).
- Assures that all residents are free from personal, physical, and mental abuse during transport.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Enthusiastically supports and participates in planned changes.
- Participates in nursing Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, resident rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Consistently utilizes time and resources effectively and efficiently.
- Attends facility, unit staff meetings and in-services according to policy.
- Completes all mandatory training.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care based on principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the residents status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each residents requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs.
ADDRESS: 1300 Hempel Avenue Ocoee FL 34761
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.