Learning Consultant, RN Residency Program - Clinical Learning - Orlando Health Corporate
Plans, develops, coordinates andevaluates a comprehensive RN Residency Program for newly licensed RegisteredNurses (RN) during their first year of employment.
- Facilitates RN Residency program courses. Develops, reviews and presents curriculum based on best practices and needs assessments
- Collaborates with local school partners and Orlando Health stakeholders including Talent Acquisition, Student Services, and Nursing to promote recruitment and support workforce planning.
- Provides guidance and support in problem solving, professional development and transition from student to newly licensed RN team member (RN Resident).
- Establishes and maintains scheduled contact with new Registered Nurses through first year of employment to support retention.
- Communicates with Nursing Leadership and Learning Specialists to support new RN progress within clinical areas.
- Analyzes results of RN Residency Program evaluations and implements process improvements when appropriate.
- Utilizes data metrics to monitor and analyze the RN Residency program, evaluate trends for benchmarking and forecasting. Prepares relevant reports and contributes to workforce planning strategies.
- Provide guidance to RN Resident on their career path.
- Ensures adult learning principles are integrated into RN Residency program provided internally or presented by external sources.
Bachelors in Nursing required,Masters degree preferred
Licensure/Certification: Nationalspecialty certification in Nursing Professional Development, Certified NurseEducator or area of clinical practice required
Registered Nurse license in theState of Florida required
BLS/Healthcare Providercertification required
Five(5) years of acute care hospital clinical experience required
Two (2)years of experience in an education role required
Orlando Health is one of Floridas most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare systems providing access to nearly two million Central Florida residents and has provided care for more than 4,600 international visitors annually. Our physician practices, diagnostic centers, hospitals and advanced medical treatments and procedures, along with our highly qualified team of medical specialists, have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader. We are one of Central Floridas largest employers with more than 15,000 employees and nearly 3,000 affiliated physicians supporting our philosophy of providing a continuum of care that revolves around patients needs. As a leading healthcare resource, providing world-class medical care as well as training our future healthcare providers, Orlando Health will continue to foster growth and development throughout the region for generations to come. We are looking for talented individuals to be part of our team.