Mental Health Tech - SSH Behavioral Health - PRN/EVENING
Department: SSEM Psych Adult C
Status: Pool/Per Diem
South Seminole Hospital is a 206-bed, full-service, medical/surgical community hospital located in scenic Longwood, Florida. The hospital is a part of Orlando Health and serves the residents of Seminole County, Florida. Our team is dedicated to offering quality healthcare services and programs to meet the needs of our community. We use the latest equipment, perform the most advanced medical procedures and offer prevention, wellness and community outreach services. The hospital is also home to one of Orlando Healths three Air Care Team helicopter bases, allowing critical patients to be transferred to ORMCs Level I Trauma Center. South Seminole Hospital is home to Orlando Health Behavioral Healthcare, an 80-bed psychiatric hospital.
Modern Healthcare has recognized Orlando Health South Seminole Hospital in Longwood, Fla as Best Places to Work in 2020! This recognition program honors companies throughout the industry that empower employees to provide patients and customers with the best possible care, products and services. We are proud to have been awarded with this designation!
South Seminole Hospital Behavioral Health is an 80-bed, Baker Act receiving facility serving the population of Seminole, Orange, Osceola, Volusia, and other surrounding counties in the state of Florida. Of the 80 beds, 64 are general population adult beds (10 of which are licensed for substance abuse treatment) and 16 are child/adolescent beds. These patients are admitted with a primary diagnosis of mental health and/or substance abuse disorder. The adult units may provide chemical dependency services in addition to treatment for any mental health disorder. This care includes assessment, ongoing evaluation, detoxification, process groups, 12-step groups, and self-care education.
The Mental Health Tech Performs general care to patients in a manner that considers safety, comfort, and the therapeutic environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN).
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Maintains current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Must obtain and maintain current Non Violent Crisis Intervention (NCI) Certification within 90 days of effective hire date.
Three (3) years experience as Mental Health Technician, Psychology Technician, Nursing Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant or Corpsman is required. Associates degree in psychology, education, child development or healthcare field may substitute for up to two (2) years of experience.
- Documents observations on assigned patients in legible, accurate and appropriate format following hospital and unit procedures.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding the patients condition to the RN and other members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrates competency in unit specific tasks and skills as defined by unit specific competency list.
- Participates and organizes group sessions.
- Transports and delivers items, equipment, and medications (excluding controlled substances and IV chemotherapy drugs) throughout the facility.
- May have limited access to areas storing medications.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Participates in nursing PI activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patient rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Practices efficient use of supplies.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and organized unit.
- Receives and process incoming calls, patient calls and guest requests.
- Transports and delivers items and equipment throughout the facility.
ADDRESS: 555 W. SR 434 Longwood FL 32750
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.