Department: APH Neurology Specialty Pract
Status: Full Time
The nurse practitioner is an advanced practice registered nurse that helps with all aspects of patient care, including diagnosis, treatments and consultations.
MN or MSN or DNP or PhD or DNS degree in nursing required.
- ARNP license in the state of Florida.
- After July 1, 2006, licensure applicants are required to have national advanced certification from an approved nursing specialty board.
- Maintains current BLS certification.
- Assesses the physical and psychosocial status of patients by means of interview, health history, physical examination, and diagnostic studies.
- Recognizes deviations from normal in the physical assessment; works collaboratively to formulate treatment plans.
- Implements appropriate management based on laboratory results, physical assessment, routine diagnostic and follow-up studies, therapeutic measures, admission and discharge care in accordance with written practice protocols.
- Initiates appropriate actions to facilitate the implementation of therapeutic plans that are consistent with the continuing healthcare needs of patients.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Demonstrates caring practices by providing a compassionate and therapeutic environment for patients and their families.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues and patients rights.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves patient care issues to foster significant improvement in patient care.
- Dictates and documents an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains provision of preventive health services.
- Conducts or participates in daily multidisciplinary rounds.
- Triages patients.
- Shares clinical expertise with professional and supportive personnel and collaborates with other healthcare disciplines to ensure continuity and quality of care.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Acts as a role model and resource person for staff.
- Participates in review and revision of policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Establishes relationships with professionals of other health-related groups within the community.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication with diverse populations, including physicians, employees, patients, an
ADDRESS: 105 W. Miller Street Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.