Nursing Operations Manager - Randal Park Free Standing Emergency Department - Day Shift - Orlando Health Emergency Room and Medical Pavilion Randal Park
Orlando Health Randall Park Free Standing Emergency Department is a three-story, 42,000-square-foot freestanding emergency room, provided as a service of Dr. P. Phillips Hospital, with exam rooms on the first floor and future expansion space on the second and third floors. The freestanding emergency room will include up to 12 treatment rooms, a lab, an imaging department, ambulance bays and a helipad, along with parking and supporting infrastructure. The medical pavilion will contain a combination of physician practices and ancillary services, which may include a lab, imaging center, and pharmacy.
Opening: Spring 2021
We have built a reputation around solving complex challenges, hiring the best professionals and staff to lead our patients toward the best outcomes. We were selected as one of Modern Healthcares Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2020. We received this national distinction due to our success at creating an empowered, engaged and satisfied workforce.
The Nurse Operations Manager will be responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of an inpatient 24/7 nursing unit/department. Evaluates the environment and makes recommendations to ensure delivery of quality service, optimal patient flow and comfort, safety, and compliance with various standards of care, regulatory/governing bodies (e.g. OSHA, JCAHO), infection control, and risk management.
Effective October 25, 2020: Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP), or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) with Graduate degree in Business or health-related field.
Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Florida or Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC).
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Initially required to have National certification in area of clinical practice until achieves National leadership board certification through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Organization for Nursing Leadership (AONL) required within 2 years.
May require one or more of the following certifications based on the assigned patient population:
o Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
o Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
o Neonatal Advanced Life Support (NALS)
o Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC)
- Three (3) years as a registered nurse in an acute care setting and one (1) year leadership experience.
- Plans and coordinates quality and service activities in the unit/department and is responsible for the overall culture of safety within the unit/department.
- Promotes a satisfied, healthy work environment for the workforce by establishing a climate of growth, challenge, and development of all team members.
- Analyzes, develops, and maintains an effective and efficient nursing delivery model that reflects patient and family needs, ultimately achieving desired outcomes.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of new technologies, procedures, and services to support day-to-day operations.
- Identifies, recruits, develops, and retains top talent.
- Responsible for management of team members including recruitment, retention, supervision, evaluation, and productivity.
- Develops and manages unit/department budget and responds in a cost-effective manner to changing patient and team member requirements.
- Applies key financial principles and organizational financial targets to departmental projects/budgets.
- Achieves financial and operational benchmarks by developing capital & operating budgets and monitoring all operational expenses.
- Assures development, implementation, and evaluation of an evidence-based, quality clinical nursing practice consistent with nursing research, and organizational and national practice standards.
- Demonstrates initiative and situational leadership skills.
- Embraces, communicates, and promotes effective change.
- Cultivates exemplary customer services throughout the unit/department.
- Serves as a liaison between team members and nursing administration.
- Demonstrates professional accountability by maintaining proficiency in assigned role and involvement in professional organizations.
- Facilitates and supports team member involvement in professional and organizational activities.
- Holds self and others accountable to Orlando Healths mission, vision, and values.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Manages various human resources functions including hiring, work assignments, coaching plans, and performance counseling.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Uses working knowledge of risk management concepts.
- Participates in Process Improvement activities as assigned.
- Interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide nursing care needed as described in the unit/departments policies and procedures.
Orlando Health is one of Floridas most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare systems providing access to nearly two million Central Florida residents and has provided care for more than 4,600 international visitors annually. Our physician practices, diagnostic centers, hospitals and advanced medical treatments and procedures, along with our highly qualified team of medical specialists, have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader. We are one of Central Floridas largest employers with more than 15,000 employees and nearly 3,000 affiliated physicians supporting our philosophy of providing a continuum of care that revolves around patients needs. As a leading healthcare resource, providing world-class medical care as well as training our future healthcare providers, Orlando Health will continue to foster growth and development throughout the region for generations to come. We are looking for talented individuals to be part of our team.