Patient Safety Attendant - SSH Behavioral Health - PRN/NIGHT
Department: SSEM Psych Adult C
Status: Pool/Per Diem
South Seminole Hospital is a 206-bed, full-service, medical/surgical community hospital located in scenic Longwood, Florida. The hospital is a part of Orlando Health and serves the residents of Seminole County, Florida. Our team is dedicated to offering quality healthcare services and programs to meet the needs of our community. We use the latest equipment, perform the most advanced medical procedures and offer prevention, wellness and community outreach services. The hospital is also home to one of Orlando Healths three Air Care Team helicopter bases, allowing critical patients to be transferred to ORMCs Level I Trauma Center. South Seminole Hospital is home to Orlando Health Behavioral Healthcare, an 80-bed psychiatric hospital.
Modern Healthcare has recognized Orlando Health South Seminole Hospital in Longwood, Fla as Best Places to Work in 2020! This recognition program honors companies throughout the industry that empower employees to provide patients and customers with the best possible care, products and services. We are proud to have been awarded with this designation!
South Seminole Hospital Behavioral Health is an 80-bed, Baker Act receiving facility serving the population of Seminole, Orange, Osceola, Volusia, and other surrounding counties in the state of Florida. Of the 80 beds, 64 are general population adult beds (10 of which are licensed for substance abuse treatment) and 16 are child/adolescent beds. These patients are admitted with a primary diagnosis of mental health and/or substance abuse disorder. The adult units may provide chemical dependency services in addition to treatment for any mental health disorder. This care includes assessment, ongoing evaluation, detoxification, process groups, 12-step groups, and self-care education.
The Patient Safety Attendant performs vigilant increased visual observation or continuous visual observation as ordered for the patient.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Maintains current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification HeartSaver CPR.
- Provides diversionary activities such as reading aloud to the patient.
- Assists the patient with nutrition needs as necessary under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Accompanies the patient to diagnostic testing and procedures and maintains observation of the patient during tests or procedures.
- Never leaves the patient alone unless instructed to by the nurse. For Baker and Marchman Act patients, the patient can never be left alone for any reason.
- Receives report from the RN and previous Patient Safety Attendant and gives report to the RN and oncoming Patient Safety Attendant before leaving.
- Utilizes the Safe Patient Room Environment Checklist with every change of staff or transfer of care as part of hand off for Baker Act, behavioral health, and suicide risk patients.
- Observes for any changes in the patients behaviors or actions and immediately reports them to the Registered Nurse.
- Maintains attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal,state, and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures
Other Related Functions
- Remains awake and alert at all times. Does not engage in activities that would distract them from the patient, such as reading, studying, socializing, using telephone, watching television.
- Maintains a clean and safe patient care environment.
- Receives and processes incoming calls, patient calls, and guest requests as appropriate to the patient.
ADDRESS: 555 W. SR 434 Longwood FL 32750
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.