Registered Nurse RN - Lake Mary Emergency & Medical Pavilion - PT/NIGHT
Department: LM Emergency Svcs
Status: Part Time
Orlando Health Emergency Room and Medical Pavilion - Lake Mary consists of a two-story, 40,000-square emergency department, provided as a service of Orlando Health South Seminole Hospital, and an adjacent three-story, 60,000-square-foot medical office building. The emergency room is located at 380 Rinehart Rd. and the neighboring medical pavilion is at 392 Rinehart Rd. in Lake Mary, (corner of Rinehart Road and Manderley Run). Its staffed by physicians board certified in emergency medicine and nurses certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support and neonatal resuscitation. The facility includes 24 treatment rooms, plus a lab, imaging department, ambulance bays and helipad.
Modern Healthcare has recognized Orlando Health South Seminole Hospital in Longwood, Fla as Best Places to Work in 2020! This recognition program honors companies throughout the industry that empower employees to provide patients and customers with the best possible care, products and services. We are proud to have been awarded with this designation!
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides direct patient care in a hospital setting.
- For Team Members hired into this job prior to January 1, 2020: Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Effective January 1, 2020: New Hires and Team Members moved into this job and/or transferring Depts. must obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (BSN) within 36 months of placement.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing education.
- Meets all mandatory and developmental requirements for Orlando Health and unit/department.
Maintains current Florida RN license and BLS/Healthcare Provider certification.
ACLS, NRP, PALS, TNCC are required for certain areas. PALS required for Pediatric Critical Care areas. NRP required for Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
Twelve months hospital RN experience required. Based on area of assignment, specialty courses and specialty experience may be required. Able to meet job duties of Clinical Nurse I. Must meet unit specific performance competencies.
- Assesses patients needs and develops/revises an individualized plan of care based on patient needs and responses. Evaluates the patients progress toward attaining expected outcomes.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on assigned unit/department.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patients status, and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to age-specific needs.
- Coordinates the care and delegates as appropriate to other team members on a defined group of patients.
- Documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory standards. This includes but is not limited to patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments, and patient safety.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit/ department-specific requisite skills.
- Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Evidence-Based Practice Standards of Care.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
- Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patients needs and the team members capabilities and qualifications.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition or unit concerns to other health care team members.
- Respects diversity by building respectful relationships with all team members and customers.
- Functions as a patient and family advocate.
- Demonstrates caring practices by providing a compassionate and therapeutic environment for patients and their families.
- Integrates patient and family education throughout the delivery of care.
- Participates in process improvement activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues and patients rights.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Practices efficient use of supplies and maintains a clean, safe, and organized work area.
- Attends staff development in-services, department meetings, and/or nursing committee meetings.
- Collaborates with management team to identify professional development needs.
- Serves on hospital, department, and/or nursing committees as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
ADDRESS: 392 Rinehart Rd Lake Mary FL 32746
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.