Registered Nurse RN - LTC - PRN/Varies
Department: Health Central Park Admin
Status: Pool/Per Diem
Located in Ocoee about 11 miles west of the downtown Orlando Health campus, the 212-bed Orlando Health Health Central Hospital provides comprehensive medical and surgical acute care for the families of west Orange County communities. The hospital has earned Spine Surgery, Joint Replacement and Primary Stroke certification from The Joint Commission. Also located on the expanded Orlando Health Health Central campus is a 30,000-square-foot comprehensive cancer center with clinical programs and services for patients and families. The cancer center became the only facility in Central Florida, and only the sixth in the nation, to offer MRIdian therapy, which allows for more precise treatment of cancer tumors through real-time magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) during radiation beam therapy. The Orlando Health Center for Rehabilitation, which includes a 60-bed rehabilitation unit, a 40-bed Alzheimers unit, a 10-bed hospice unit and outpatient rehabilitation services, also is located at the Orlando Health Health Central campus. The hospital also provides services at the Orlando Health Emergency Room and Medical Pavilion Horizon West in nearby Winter Garden.
The RN Staff provides and documents individualized resident care to include resident evaluation, education, medication administration, IV therapy, treatments, and resident safety.
- PRN as needed / varying shifts
- One (1) weekend shift per month required and one (1) other shift per month weekday. Other hours on as needed basis
Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Maintain current Florida RN license.
- Maintains current BLS certification.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of resident care/unit equipment as defined by unit specific requisite skills.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding the residents condition to the MD and other members of the healthcare team.
- Maintains a safe and caring environment for both resident and family.
- Assumes an active role in keeping informed about changes in facility policy, procedure and equipment.
- Participates in nursing PI activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, resident rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the resident served on the assigned unit.
- Supervises and delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patients needs and the team members capabilities and qualifications.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess data reflective of the residents status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each residents requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the units/areas/departments policies and procedures.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Practices efficient use of supplies.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized unit.
ADDRESS: 411 N Dillard St Winter Garden FL 34787
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.