Department: ONC Reinforcement Team
Status: Full Time
The Scheduling Coordinator will communicate regularly with physicians, which may include, patients, ancillary and surgical areas to involve: scheduling, rescheduling, and cancellation of single/multiple tests and procedures.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must complete Orlando Health medical terminology course within 90 days of hire.
- Three (3) years of clinical, financial or business office experience is required.
- An Associates Degree may substitute for 2 years of the required experience.
- Computer experience required.
- Provide accurate information of department/procedure specific scheduling criteria to expedite patient preparation, arrival location and time.
- Be proactive with all customers by actively listening, showing a caring attitude and offering alternatives when necessary.
- Demonstrate superb telephone etiquette, team player attitude and professional communication skills at all times.
- Understands the importance Orlando Health places on providing exemplary customer service with a Patient First Philosophy
- Exhibits working knowledge in the use of all registration, scheduling systems, and Web based resources.
- Knowledge of computer applications, multi-line telephone system, printers, copy fax machines, which may include required data entry.
- Maintains basic understanding of the medical needs during the screening process for scheduling an appointment.
- Consistently reviews the schedules daily and communicates all changes to appropriate staff.
- Consistently meets departmental goals for productivity, quality and customer service standards set by Orlando Health.
- Maintains a working knowledge of ICD-9 (ICD-10) and CPT codes, as deemed necessary.
- Identifies customer service issues and resolves or initiates necessary follow-up.
- Adheres to all portions of the Orlando Health Professional Appearance Policy at all times.
- Maintains regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Maintains regular communication with the practices regarding scheduling matters, as deemed necessary.
- Attends departmental meetings/in-services and participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Assume the responsibility for professional growth and development.
ADDRESS: 1400 S. Orange Ave. (UF Health Cancer Center at Orlando Health) Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.