Technical Entertainment Lead Tech I, Show Control Programmer
maintain the fun. Use your technical and mechanical skills to keep our resort in perfect working order. That means making sure that our Universe is show ready and safe for our guests!
Job Description & Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: The Show Control Programmer is responsible for assisting in design, equipment selection and programming the entertainment show systems for Projects, Events and Entertainment Venues. In addition, responsibilities may include overseeing a crew to install, operate and strike of any show system as directed by the Show Control Supervisor.
- Ability to design, draft and implement complex control systems.
- Programming on several different platforms / languages (Lua, WinScript, Medialon, Qsys).
- Troubleshoot Entertainment Systems for large scale concerts, stage shows, corporate meetings and themed events. Troubleshooting can be on equipment such as but not limited to consoles, audio/ video systems, effects system conventional fixtures, networking equipment, communication systems, power distribution equipment, protocol distribution systems.
- Install permanent and semi-permanent networks and control system for various shows and productions.
- Create and Read Logic and Flow Diagrams for program design, programming, simulation, testing and start-up.
- Evaluate, read schematics and review technical documentation and design related to field asset instrumentation and automation.
- Ensures proper completion of documentation such as network design, as-built information or operating S.O.P.s as they pertain to the design. Performs maintenance, repairs and redesigns of outdated systems.
- Communicate with management on daily update on crew and task completion.
- Fabrication experience panel building and design.
- Delegates work assignments among qualified crew-members. Communicates performance expectations in an effort to ensure proper completion of tasks; provides feedback for recognition and performance improvement.
- Leading a crew on install, implementation, operation, repairs & supervisory direction inclusive of but not limited to live shows, projects, events, corporate convention and entertainment venues.
- Performs job duties as described in non-lead job description. Maintains and shares job knowledge, assists in developing employees. Stays current with changing technology and growing developments in the field of Entertainment Integration.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required. Technical school is required. Associates degree (AA) is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 10 Years in the Control / Automation Field preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Programming abilities on various control systems (Medialon, Qsys , Winscript, Lua)
- Drafting abilities in Nemetschek Vectorworks (Ver. 15 and newer)
- Ability to lead crews of four and larger
- Must have Excellent communication and presentation skills, (written, and verbal)
- Understand signal flow and implementation of protocol DMX E1.11, Entertainment Technology USITT DMX512-A Asynchronous Serial Digital Data Transmission Standard for Controlling Lighting Equipment and Accessories
- Read and understand a traditional Design Drafts and CADs
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2020 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE