The Senior Network Administrator reports to the CEO. They will assist Team members with support, maintenance and optimization of core network services, devices, and communications systems. He or she works alongside team members to provide logistical support, respond to queries, document changes, and assist with testing, assessment, diagnosis and resolution of network service outages and incidents. Under the direct supervision of the CEO, he or she maintains network systems and may configure devices, enable services or respond to end user requests for network status information.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES the individual will be responsible for:
1. Performs diagnostics of network issues, provides support for service desk staff.
2. Updates and maintains network documentation
3. Configures network devices for new deployments per direction of senior staff, configures replacement network devices.
4. Assists with the administration and maintenance of IP based telephony systems, such as provisioning handsets, setting up extensions, supporting user requests.
5. Assists in supporting internal corporate servers.
6. Assists in user desktop issues, helps with computer software installation, solves email access.
7. For day to day operational tasks such as proactive maintenance, management, monitoring performance, incident and problem management, security, and backup and recovery across the network infrastructure.
University degree or college diploma in computing or information technology or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- CCNA, CCNP or 5 years Cisco Experience
- MCSE, MCSA or 10 years of Microsoft Experience
- Ten years’ experience working as a Network Administrator or System Engineer.
- Working knowledge of computer systems, peripherals, and communications equipment.
- Working knowledge of computer networking and cabling infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of communication systems for data, voice and video.
- Experience with Cisco Meraki products.
- Extensive experience with Wireless Networks.
- Experience with VMWare ESXI
- Experience with Veeam backup solution.
- Working with multiple WAN locations
- Knowledge of QuickBooks
- Experience working with Terminal Services
- Multiple Years with Windows Server
Ability to work independently and in a team environment to resolve issues and meet deadlines. Ability to work under minimal supervision and under own initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees as well as vendors and suppliers.
- Ability to write documentation and training materials.
- Self-motivated to learn and acquire new skills.
- Poses excellent problem-solving skills.
- Create Monthly reports on IT Department projects.
- Understands issues involved in administering and maintaining corporate LAN infrastructure, including network cabling, testing network connectivity, firewall configurations, tablet and desktop internet applications, etc.
- Understands issues involved in administering and maintaining corporate WAN infrastructure, backhaul technologies, WAN and Internet routing protocols, etc.
- Understands network address management concepts, including IP sub-netting.
- Extensive experience in multiple Wireless vendors and networks.
- Experience with Cisco Meraki routers, switches, and access points.
- Server Administration
- Has working knowledge of major server operating systems.
- Has working knowledge of virtualization platforms, including VMware vSphere.
- Familiar with enterprise data storage solutions.
- Proficient at administering common network services, such as DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Manage multiple Terminal servers with fail over and high availably.
- Manage laptops, offline file synchronization, and File structures.
- Responsibilities may require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- May be required to lift 40-50 lbs.
- Travel may be required.