General Maintenance Tech
At Holiday Inn Club Vacations, we believe in strengthening families. And we look for people who exhibit the courage, caring and creativity to help us become the most loved brand in family travel. We’re committed to growing our people, memberships, resorts and guest love. That’s why we need individuals who are passionate in life and bring those qualities to work every day. Do you instill confidence, trust and respect in those around you? Do you encourage success and build relationships? If so, we’re looking for you.
The General Maintenance Technician I perform basic services and repairs in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, electrical, interior finishes, and appliance servicing. Is knowledgeable in the procedures and safety measures associated with industry and company standards. Requires at least 6 months to 1 year of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a broad range maintenance field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Must be able to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve maintenance defects and concerns to prescribed standards. Reports to a supervisor or manager but works under immediate supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. This position will also perform as part of a team and will carry out tasks as assigned by a supervisor or the Chief Engineer. Must have strong problem-solving and demonstrate excellent face to face guest communication skills. Must be able to follow written instruction and complete documentation associated with unit maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Works in a team environment in a primarily response role to complete inspections, repairs, and preparation of guest units. Assist guests and staff in the resolution of unit maintenance concerns, complaints, and questions.
- Assist preventative maintenance team in the preparation of the property for guests.
- Perform general maintenance duties as assigned by the manager or supervisor.
- Maintain accurate records of units serviced and work performed.
- At least six months to 1 year of building maintenance experience or construction
- Maintenance experience with a resort and/or hotel experience preferred
- Bilingual a plus
- Must have ability to perform skilled work in general maintenance.
- Must have proficient skills in painting, tile, plumbing, carpentry and electrical.
- Must possess knowledge of telephone and TV troubleshooting for signal.
- Must have ability to problem-solve and repair major appliances.
- Must have knowledge of hand and power tools and a mechanical aptitude.
- Must have strong troubleshooting and face to face guest communication skills.
- Must be able to follow written instruction and complete documentation associated with unit maintenance.
- Must meet company required motor vehicle policy standards
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a valid FL driver’s license, and minimum of 1 year of driving experience.
Licenses & Certifications Preferred
CPR, First Aid, AED