Shared Services Catalyst
The Shared Services Catalyst will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of our Shared Resources Florida platform. This position requires an ability to both work with technology as well as an understanding of early childhood education (ECE) programs’ needs and how to integrate this into the existing platform. Working closely with agency leadership and multiple departmental staff, the Shared Services Catalyst will identify, develop, and deploy new business processes and procedures, serve as a liaison at local, state, and national level, and promote early childhood education statewide collaboration and usage of the platform. This position will also assist the Director with grant fund budget coordination. This role is part technical coordinator, liaison, and data analyst in support of the organization mission.
Essential Job Functions
- Serve as primary system contact for the Shared Resources Florida (Shared Services) platform with local, state, and national ECE users.
- Handle all basic system functions with the Shared Resources Florida platform system.
- Utilize system reporting features to gather and report on platform data and usage.
- Gather detailed requests for improvements or changes to the system and implement these changes as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with national level Shared Services staff to implement less complex platform integrations as well as upgrades, seasonal releases, and long-term projects.
- Identify, install, and maintain appropriate state level content, including prospective vendors, relevant to early childhood education services.
Shared Services Customer Support & Outreach
- Train new users and grow the Shared Resources Florida utilization across the state.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss needs, emphasize the features of products to highlight how they solve customer problems.
- Identify prospective customers, lead generation, and conversion.
- Maintain contact list and follow-up with customers to continue relationships and ensure program quality services.
- Collaborate with colleagues (both internal & external customers) in many different sectors in support of higher quality education initiatives.
- Assist Director of Research & Special Projects with grant budget coordination to ensure maximum utilization of grant funds in support of agency, funder, and program goals.
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, and handle and prioritize simultaneous requests.
- Ability to collaborate in a constructive and positive manner with both internal and external customers in support of optimal program operations.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to critically evaluate and prioritize information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts.
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Shared Resources Florida and other integrated shared services systems.
- Ability to network, build relationship and partnership within local, state, and national regions.
- Customer service skills to listen to the concerns of a customer and be able to address their needs.
- Interpersonal skills to work with a wide variety of people with diverse technical skills each day, build relationships and network.
- Experience in business outreach and/or sales to diverse client population.
- Confidence and strong self-assuredness to succeed in cold-calling existing and potential customers.
- Communication skills, especially persuasion, to clearly convey the benefits of the Shared Resources Florida product to potential customers.
- Knowledge of business English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar in order to prepare and read documents and correspondence.
- Ability to take accurate meeting notes.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees.
- Expert in the use of computer software (MS Office Suite) especially Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook calendar.
- Ability to navigate and perform research using the Internet. Experience with using SharePoint.
- Must possess valid Florida ID or driver’s license and access to a reliable transportation to and from work.
- Ability to work flexible hours/schedule i.e., occasional Saturdays or evening hours.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of competing tasks, program responsibilities and deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and effective record management practices, attention to detail.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and rules set by the Coalition.
- Professional appearance and presentation.
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
Education and Experience:
- B.A./B.S. in Business Management, Early Childhood Management, or related field with at least two years relevant work experience, or
- A.A./A.S. in Business Management, Early Childhood Management, or related field with at least four years relevant work experience.
- A documented history of successful project completion.
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex processes and translate this information to diverse customer base.
- Strong interest and ability to quickly master new technology.
- Strong understanding of the online platform, with the ability to build custom objects, processes, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity preferred, along with understanding of online platform best practices and functionality preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience as a systems administrator/coordinator preferred.
- Experience with nonprofit and state of Florida processes preferred.
- Website and software experience and knowledge preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.