Community Engagement Unit Team Member responsible for recruiting, training and coordinating the work of volunteers who support ELCOC initiatives. Work independently with minimal supervision, maintains volunteer database, designs, and facilitates volunteer initiatives. Works with volunteers to improve their connection to the organization’s mission and vision in support of resource development. Works out of the office of the CEO and as such represents CEO at assigned community functions.
Essential Job Functions Recruits, trains, and coordinates volunteers for Coalition initiatives, programs, and events:
• Develops, promotes, and maintains a wide range of volunteer opportunities within organization with particular emphasis on literacy initiatives. Opportunities are to include those appropriate for family participation.
• Develops a volunteer training manual and orientation. Informs volunteers of Coalition policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service. Ensures all volunteers have appropriate releases and backgrounds screens applicable to assignments.
• Develops active recruitment campaign to secure qualified volunteer applicants.
• Collaborates with early learning content experts to design and implement new and ongoing volunteer programs.
• High accountability for deadlines.
• Reviews applicant qualifications/interest and conducts or coordinates necessary training.
• Secure sensitive information and follows proper procedures set forth by the Coalition.
• Reviews and observes work activities of volunteers to evaluate performance.
• Designs and supports implementation of volunteer recognition and appreciation.
• Organizes and prepares materials, books, and letters for Book Buddy program.
• Tracks hours of Ready Readers, Books and Badges and other volunteer initiatives.
Maintains necessary records to promote value
• Oversees volunteer program budget.
• Maintains accurate records and provides timely statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation using ELCOC selected software.
• Reviews and evaluates volunteer site assignment satisfaction with and usage of volunteer services.
• Prepares content for and works with other CEU team members to produce newsletter highlighting volunteer value.
• Works effectively with other departments to promote volunteerism across the organization. Social Media Support Collaborates and assists with social media communication. Administrative Support
• Provides assistance to the reception area as needed.
(This job description may not be all-inclusive, and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.).
• Professional appearance and presentation required.
• Ability to problem solve and effectively multitask a variety of activities.
• Ability to organize own work, coordinate projects, set priorities, meet deadlines and follow-up on assignments with minimum direction.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees and with a variety of constituents from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socioeconomic levels.
• Ability to effectively communicate sensitive information.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment within established guidelines.
• Proficiency in the use of computer software (Microsoft Office Suite). Ability to navigate the Internet.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with C Suite decision makers and promote expanded corporate engagement.
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
• Ability to work flexible/hours schedule including Saturdays or evening hours.
• Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License with the ability to travel to off-site locations.
• This employee is required to stand; walk, stoop, and kneel and might be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Program Management, or closely related field with minimum of 3 years of experience supporting a volunteer program preferred.
• Credential in volunteer management a plus.
• Sales and marketing experience a plus.
• Demonstrated knowledge of social media platforms and etiquette required. • Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory a plus as is the ability to teach, guide and mentor adults.
• Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practice for children birth to 5 a plus.
• Demonstrated knowledge of English business language and ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Bilingual - Ability to communicate in the English and Spanish language both verbally and in writing preferred. (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the above minimum qualifications.).