Development & Donor Relations Coordinator
The Development & Donor Relations Coordinator is a member of the Community Engagement Unit in the Office of the CEO and is responsible for the management and coordination of all fund- and friend-raising events for the organization. The position also develops sponsorship relationships with businesses, individuals and organizations interested in supporting ELCOC’s initiatives, events, and activities. Additionally, the position collaborates with and supports the work of the unit Manager in the development and implementation of marketing and communications plans, social media channels, and website.
Essential Job Functions Leadership
• Leads and trains department staff in all aspects of development and donor relations functions and compliance regulations as directed by the CEO.
• Sets and monitors staff annual goals and objectives in support of Coalition goals with CEO approval.
• Communicates and updates unit manager and the CEO regularly on fund development events, efforts and activities for the Coalition.
• Assists in the development, implementation and tracking of financial/budget/expense for the department.
• Advises Coalition staff of engagement and fund development opportunities in the community
• Assists in the development and execution of ELCOC Communications and Development Plans.
• Assists with positioning the organization favorably in community. Communications
• Develops and supports the execution of the ELCOC Development and Donor Relations Plan.
• Supports relationships between the Coalition, special event sponsors, local agencies, civic groups, schools, early child care environments, political entities and governmental agencies.Participates in public speaking functions to stakeholders, parents and/or volunteers.
• Helps plan and design activities/events/functions that will help both the local community and promote the Coalition in a positive way.
• Maintain an active list of donors and prospective donors.
• Takes photos at ELCOC events and activities to be used in ELCOC marketing and promotions.
• Assists in the preparation of grant proposals and reports.
• Coordinates overall signature and non-signature event logistics from concept, execution and post-event wrap up including promotion, location, staffing, set-up, activities and stewardship.
• Creates e-newsletters and invites for ELCOC events to providers, families, sponsors, etc.
• Supports the training of volunteers at events.
• Plans and schedules strategic meetings for special fundraising events.
• Gathers, prepares and distributes supporting documents and calendar of events and any other pertinent materials for meetings.
• Identities and designs new development opportunities.
• Identify and supports the initial engagement of prospective sponsors and donors for ELCOC initiatives and events.
• Prepares and disseminates information about ELCOC and giving opportunities.
• Builds and maintains a good working relationship with engaged sponsors/donors.
• Arranges sponsor/donor events, develops, and executes ongoing stewardship strategies.
• Provide assistance to the reception area as needed.
(This job description may not be all-inclusive, and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.)
• Ability to organize own work, coordinate projects, set priorities, meet deadlines and followup on assignments with minimum direction.
• Knowledge of English business language with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and written.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with people (including co-workers) from various multicultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
• Ability to exercise sound judgement with established guidelines.
• Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables.
• Comfortable meeting new people, developing relationships, and closing funding asks.
• Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop and kneel. May be required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision.
• Working knowledge of child development and appropriate childcare practices and knowledge of Florida state standards and requirements a plus . • Ability to work flexible hours/schedule that includes Saturday, early morning or evening hours.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Some use of Adobe Suite Software (Photoshop, InDesign)
• Professional appearance and presentation.
• Must possess a Florida Driver’s License with ability to travel to off-site locations
• Professional appearance and presentation. (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the above minimum qualifications.)
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Public Relations, Marketing, Business or closely related field from an accredited institution with 3 years’ experience in event management, fund development and donor relations.
• Fundraising credential preferred.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, website (WordPress) and email marketing (Constant Contact) platforms. Knowledge of donor tracking software preferred.
• Non-profit experience preferred.
• Bilingual – knowledge and ability to communicate in the English and Spanish languages both verbally and in writing preferred.