Security Officer - $1,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Make a difference and earn cash! Sign-on bonus for this position is $1000.
($500 payable after 90 days, and the remaining $500 is payable after 180 days)
Do you have a passion for protecting others? Do you have the unique ability to maintain calm and order in the most challenging circumstances? Then we’ve got your next assignment! We’re looking for dedicated, diligent and driven individuals to provide exceptional security services throughout our park.
As a Security Officer, you’ll be committed to ensuring the highest level of guest safety, security and satisfaction. Your professional demeanor and reassuring presence will provide guests and Ambassadors with the peace of mind that enhances their overall park experience.
- Interact with guests and other ambassadors to ensure a secure environment exists without incident
- Ensure security and safety of park guests and employees by adhering to Standard Operating Procedures
- Demonstrate Service Excellence with park guests and ambassadors
- Identify and report unusual events or behaviors as needed
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the park and workspace
- Attend scheduled in-service training to maintain/improve skill level
- Assist local public service providers as necessary for the safety, security and well-being of park guests, ambassadors and company assets
- Maintain complete confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Inspect bags and vehicles to prevent the introduction of contraband and/or removal of company assets; monitor all vehicles and ambassadors entering/exiting the park to ensure a safe and secure environment
- Complete incident reports as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
What it takes to succeed:
- At least 18 years old
- Valid state driver’s license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Have and maintain a valid Florida Class D Security license
- Able to complete provided CPR training/certification
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to stand for long periods of time, properly lift 75 pounds and push/pull 50 pounds
- Previous security experience or equivalent education
- Excellent situational awareness and the ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and exercise discretion/authority when required
- Able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions and temperature extremes
- Comfortable working around water
- Comfortable with heights
- Minimum of 2 full days of availability (open-close), which includes 1 weekend day
- Available to work varying shifts/hours based on business need, to include opening, mid-, and closing shifts; nights, weekends, and holidays
- Previous guest service or hospitality experience
- 1 shift on weekends, 3 days of availability on weekday
As part of the SeaWorld Family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as a few Perks of the Job along the way:
- Complimentary Park Admission
- Discounted Park Tickets and Passes for Family and Friends
- Admission to Universal Orlando Parks
- Exclusive Discounts on Food, Merchandise, etc.
- Special Events
- Attraction Previews
- Recognition Programs
- Employee Referral Rewards
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 401K Options
- And So Much More!
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for YOU!
Visit our employment website to learn more and submit your application Today!
Join our team and you'll agree, lives are changed by careers at Sea! 💙