Wound Ostomy Continence RN
Facility: South Lake Hospital
Location: Clermont, FL
Department: Progressive Care Unit
Title: Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse
Serves as the clinical resource and consultant for the acute and rehabilitative care of patients with select disorders of the gastrointestinal, genitourinary, and integumentary systems.
The Progressive Care Unit is a 32 bed intermediate level of care unit located in Clermont Florida, just outside of Orlando. We are a multisystem PCU and the designated stroke unit. Our team prides itself on delivering great care in a fast paced environment. If you are looking to learn new skills and grow in the profession, join the PCU team, we look forward to having you!
Why choose Orlando Health?
- Innovative benefits package that begins on day one
- Relocation Assistance
- Flexible schedules
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 a year
- Voted Best Place To Work by Forbes
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required.
- Graduation from WOCNEP required for acute care setting.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing education.
- Maintains current RN license in the State of Florida.
- Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider Certification
- WOC nurses must maintain current certification: CWOCN or CWON; credentials by the Wound Ostomy Continence Nursing Certification Board (WOCNCB)
- Current OH RN's who graduate from the Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse Education Program (WOCNEP) have one year after completion to sit for exam.
- Two (2) years relevant nursing experience. Must meet unit specific performance competencies
- In addition to the RN function, the WOCN serves as the clinical resource and consultant for the acute and rehabilitative care of patients with select disorders of the gastrointestinal, genitourinary, and integumentary systems.
- Provides direct patient care to individuals with abdominal stomas, wounds, fistulas, drains, pressure ulcers, skin disorders, and incontinence.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age specific needs.
- Uses an evidence-based process to evaluate current practice and make recommendations for best practice.
- Creates an environment that facilitates collaboration to improve quality of care.
- Advocates on behalf of the specific population of patients.
- Maintains a safe and caring environment for both patients and family.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Participates in preceptor-ship training for the wound ostomy continence nurse education program (WOCNEP). Ensures maintenance and provision for equipment and supplies, including new product evaluations. This includes, but is not limited to skin, wound, ostomy, continence, prevention, and support surface products.
- Develops and provides ongoing implementation of staff in-services.
Wound Ostomy Continence RN