Adjunct Faculty - Creative Presentation (Multiple Openings)
Winter Park, Florida
If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!In the Creative Presentation course, students will learn the foundations of oral communication by building and delivering presentations of their own. Through this guided process, students will learn to effectively utilize visual storytelling techniques, create meaningful content, and apply lessons from myths and movies to shape the audience's journey. Multiple learning activities will allow students to creatively develop and analyze the core aspects of presentation, including audience, delivery, message, and the visual story. This position is part time working no more than 20 hours per week, on-campus or online and must be resident in the state of Florida.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an environment of learning through effective teaching skills, maintain student-centered focus, and stay current with relevant industry standards.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and encourage active learning.
- Perform lectures for campus courses, and hold scheduled virtual course meetings for online courses. Teaching will be conducted through on-campus and online delivery.
- Interact positively with diverse student populations; provide all students with equal opportunities for learning.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the industry, maintain knowledge and skill relevancy through continuing education as defined in the faculty development plan.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of student and company information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and punctuation
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task while working independently and collaboratively with other teachers and university staff
- Ability to interact professionally and constructively with students and staff at all levels in an immersive, fast-paced environment
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of four (4) years related and verifiable work experience and is required to hold a Master's degree in Communications, Organizational Communications or a Master's degree in a different subject with at least 18 graduate hours in an appropriate combination of the following subject areas: Business Communications, Communications, Mass Communications, Management Communications, Organizational Communications, or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Keynote/PowerPoint and Outlook
• Experience with public speaking and giving presentations as well as designing presentations
• Ability to interact professionally and constructively with students and staff at all levels in an immersive, fast-paced environment
• Teaching experience online and experience teaching on a campus
• Experience using Screen-capture web tools or software that allows for recording voice and screen
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office and classroom environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active student and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.