Industry Outreach Representative
Winter Park, Florida
If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!The Industry Outreach Representative is comfortable building industry relationships with the intent of identifying career opportunities for Full Sail University graduates through the use of cold phone calls, digital communications (including social media), and networking.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a point of contact between Full Sail University Career Development and potential hiring employers within the industries Full Sail University educates.
- Prospect and recruit potential employers into the Full Sail job lead engine / database.
- Gather all relevant information from the employer regarding their facility and their job opening requirements, need, background, and facilities.
- Maintain and correctly update all pertinent company information and job openings within employer database.
- Maintain relationship through regular, documented communication with employers to ensure all needs are being met.
- Prospect and identify potential student / graduate candidates for available job postings within Full Sail job lead engine.
- Promote Full Sail's Career Development services to prospective employers.
- Disseminate company and job lead information, facility information, and/or update information to the in-house Career Development team.
- Document all conversations and follow-up with each of the Career Development Service teams including, but not limited to, career advisors, grad services, and alumni relations.
- Play an active role in daily team meetings to disseminate relevant updates including but not limited to new company relationships, posted job leads, graduate hires, etc.
- Responsible for identifying and executing employer/career-related special projects, including but not limited to virtual, on-campus, and on-site employer visits, career fairs, interviews, presentations, tours, etc.
- Comfortable with research, cold-calling, face-to-face, digital, social outreach campaigns.
- Act as a point of contact between potential industry partners and Full Sail University internal departments, collaborating with strategic partnerships division, education faculty, international department, etc. to explore potential industry employment opportunities.
- Coordinate special projects and scholarship/grants with Education or others.
- Provide concierge service for high-profile accounts, including but not limited to addressing all employer needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Receive and respond to Full Sail University executive directives.
- Assists in creating lists, memos, procedures, and forms for the progression of the career development department and services.
- Some travel may be required for selected convention visits, employer visits, and regional, off-site career fairs / networking events.
- Some weekend and evening work, as required.
- Other duties and assignments as assigned by the Manager.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Knowledge of the Entertainment Media and Emerging Technology industries.
- Must be comfortable with cold-calling campaigns and research.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong social networking skills for research and management.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to handle adverse situations.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to professionally and patiently navigate through a collective decision-making process that may include several layers of permission and supervisors.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Move with compassion and respect, while always maintaining a positive attitude.
- Good computer skills and the ability to communicate through verbal and written means are necessary.
Education and/or Experience:
- Prefer college graduate with experience in the Entertainment Media and/or Emerging Technology industries.
- Sales and cold-calling experience a plus.
- Customer service and guest relations experience.
- Recruiting, sourcing, and early career staffing experience preferred, but not required.
- Face-to-face and digital communication experience.
- Military background a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: n/a
Computer/Equipment Skills: Proficiency using software programs including, but not limited to: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Google Docs, DropBox, GoToTraining, Zoom, and various virtual event platforms, etc. Mac OS proficiency preferred.
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands: Employee must work a minimum of 40 hours per week. Physical requirements include the ability to sit for extended periods of time, and ability to stand for long periods of time.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.