Clinical Assistant Nurse Manager - PACU
The Clinical Assistant Nurse Manager (CANM) is responsible for the shift operations within the Peri-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) at Winnie Palmer Hospital (WPH) to ensure delivery of high-quality service and optimal patient flow. In conjunction with the Department Nursing Operations Manager and the Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM), provides guidance and direction on unit operations including patient care assignments, customer experience, productivity, shared leadership, and quality outcomes
Full-Time (40 hours) / Days
WPH PACU is equipped to provide preoperative care for patients undergoing the following types of surgery: Gynecological, Obstetrical, General, Genitourinary, Oncological, Orthopedic, and Plastic.
Top Reasons to Choose Orlando Health – Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies :
- Competitive Pay: Evening, nights, and weekend shift differentials
- Free Continued Education Opportunities
- Nurse Certification Opportunity
- Benefits Start Day 1 of hire
- Room for growth, Just Culture & much, much more! Student loan repayment, tuition reimbursement, back up elder and childcare, pet insurance, etc.
Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies
Located on the downtown Orlando campus, Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies opened in 2006, providing programs and services focused on the unique needs of women and newborns. Specialized care covers all facets of women's health, from comprehensive gynecological services and minimally invasive surgeries to obstetrics and high-risk pregnancies and births. The hospital is “Magnet” recognized for nursing excellence and high-quality patient care and is certified in perinatal care by The Joint Commission. Welcoming nearly 14,000 babies each year, the hospital's 350 beds include 142 neonatal intensive care beds, making it one of the largest neonatal intensive care units under one roof in the country. As a sister hospital with Orlando Health Arnold Palmer for Children, the hospital was included in the 2021-22 “Best Children's Hospitals” rankings by U.S. News & World Report, recognized for expertise in Neonatology, and, together with Orlando Health ORMC, was included in the IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals® list for 2021.
• Manages staffing for assigned and oncoming shifts, based on patient acuity to ensure patient care needs are met.
• Manages patient flow and intervenes to achieve expected outcomes.
• Coordinates patient flow by working directly with the Administrative Supervisors, Care Coordinators, and Discharge Planners to achieve expect4ed outcomes.
• Monitors overall status of patients within area of responsibility and closely monitors status of seriously ill patients.
• Provides input with the clinical evaluation of team members.
• Assists in the coordination and participates in the delivery of patient care ensuring compliance with physician orders and established policies, procedures, and standards of practice.
• Participates in multidisciplinary rounds.
• Performs direct patient care activities as required to meet operational needs.
• Interfaces with patients and families to provide instruction, promote participation in patient care, and to coordinate nursing activities.
• Participates in and/or leads safety huddles.
• Embraces, communicates, and promotes change.
• Cultivates exemplary customer experience throughout the unit/department by conducting Nurse Leader rounds and investigating and responding to patient/family and physician complaints.
• Advocates on behalf of the nursing staff to represent the concerns of patients, families, and staff.
• Monitors the use/maintenance of equipment to ensure staff have the needed equipment for patient care and they are able to appropriately utilize equipment.
• Supports and sustains all leader-driven initiatives
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree (BSN) preferred.
• Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Florida or Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC).
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
• May require one or more of the following certifications based on the assigned patient population:
o Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
o Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
o Neonatal Advanced Life Support (NALS)
o Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC)
Two (2) years of experience as a Registered Nurse in PACU.
Clinical Assistant Nurse Manager - PACU
Healthcare, Nursing, Management