Sr. Director, Ambulatory Nursing - Sr. Leader Endoscopy
The Orlando Health Digestive Health Institute has distinguished itself worldwide in offering many diagnostic and treatment options available only at the most advanced centers, including artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities that improve diagnosis, treatment and outcomes. In addition, we are recognized as an international destination for care as our centers and programs provide subspecialty care. Beyond offering best-in-class clinical care from world-renowned experts, we also lead research efforts and international educational events to share the latest advances in digestive health from experts around the globe.
Working under the direction of the Assistant Vice President, and in alignment with the overall Orlando Health Medical Group (OHMG) Clinical team and their associated goals, the position is responsible for the overall clinical processes across the Digestive Health Institute and applicable service lines, regarding quality, patient experience, efficiency, risk, and safety. Additionally, the Senior Director is responsible for the day-to-day management of multi-channel, hospital-based endoscopic procedural access centers.
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), Doctor in Nursing Practice (DNP), or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) with Graduate degree in Business or health-related field required.
Five (5) years of overall GI-related experience with three (3) years of endoscopy nurse management experience.
· Maintains current State of Florida RN license or valid eNLC multistate RN license
· Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider Certification
· National leadership board certification through the American
· Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Organization for Nursing Leadership (AONL).
• Ability to identify clinical care gaps then develop, evaluate or update clinic policies and standard operating procedures in the ambulatory clinic and hospital-based department settings.
• Works closely with quality, infection prevention, compliance, risk, safety and regulatory to ensure a quality, safe, patient care delivery model in their service line practices.
• Monitors quality and budgeting standards, while managing to achieve site and corporate goals.
• Works with administrative leadership, physicians, and advanced practice providers to address patient care issues by serving as a member of key medical and planning committees of the service line.
• Efficiently manages, directs, and coordinates clinic processes to provide cost-effective, quality patient care service.
• Assures development, implementation, and evaluation of evidenced based, quality clinical practice consistent with research, organizational and national practice standards.
• Achieves financial and operational benchmarks by developing capital & operating budgets and monitoring all operational expenses.
• Plans and coordinates quality and service activities in the outpatient clinic, transitions between inpatient/outpatient areas, and is responsible for the overall culture of safety within all service line clinical areas (clinic, treatment areas, inpatient/outpatient transitions)
• Ensures that a continuous improvement approach is implemented to measure actual performance against established standards for nursing and patient care throughout the service line.
• Develops and implements mechanisms to ensure a uniform quality of nursing and patient care is provided.
• Evaluates team member performance against organizational, departmental, and personal goals and objectives.
• Ensures that safety, health, and regulatory standards are attained in the service line.
• Ensures that retention and recruitment programs are maintained and effective.
• Assures the nursing standards are effectively conducted throughout all nursing services.
• Participates in developing patient care programs, policies and procedures that describe how patient nursing care needs are assessed, evaluated and met.
• Implement effective, ongoing programs to monitor, evaluate and improve the quality of nursing care via corporate nursing quality assessment and improvement program.
• Recruits, develops, retains and evaluates qualified managers and team members, recognizing the full accomplishments of team member assigned duties and responsibilities.
• Establishes budget requirements and maintains areas of responsibility within budgetary limitation.
• Ensures a method to monitor customer satisfaction with respect to services delivered, utilizing corporate and/or department specific tools.
• Maintains currency in administrative practice.
• Participates as a member of the quarterly Orlando Health Nursing Leadership meeting.
• Establishes and maintains an open and positive working relationship with physicians, managers, employees, patients, visitors and the community.
• Participates with leaders from the management, medical staff and clinical areas in decision-making structure and process.
• Works with the AVP, OH & Chief Clinical Officer, OHMG to develop, implement, evaluate, and revise nursing practice and assures implementation of the nursing process.
• Maintains, revises, and implements changes in nursing and patient care policies and procedures to meet all licensing agency requirements, (i.e., JCAHO, local and state regulatory agencies).
• Speaks on behalf of the service line's nursing services in established meetings of leadership, medical staff, and governing bodies.
• Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues related to patient care and manages situations to reduce risks to patients, staff, and organization
• Participates in meetings where discussions are held regarding the mission, strategic planning, budget planning, operational planning and review of policies that directly or indirectly affect nursing care and/or operations of the service line.
• Develops and implements personal goals/objectives that support the organization strategic/operating plans and patient care services.
• Collaborates with the OHMG leadership and educators to influence curriculum, including clinical and/or management learning experience.
Sr. Director, Ambulatory Nursing - Sr. Leader Endoscopy