Sonographer VFT / Day Shift
Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children
Providing compassionate care to the children, teenagers and young adults of Central Florida for more than 30 years, Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children is located on the downtown Orlando campus and includes 156 licensed beds for specialized care for children as well as the Bert Martin's Champions for Children Emergency Department & Trauma Center, offering trauma care for children as the pediatric site of the Orlando Health ORMC Level One Trauma Center. State-of-the-art pediatric services are provided by a comprehensive staff that includes pediatric subspecialty physicians and a nursing team that is “Magnet” recognized for nursing excellence and high-quality patient care. The hospital also has earned national recognition for 12 consecutive years as a “Best Children's Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report and was included, together with Orlando Health ORMC, in the IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals® list for 2021.
Arnold Palmer Medical Center offers radiologic services twenty-four hours a day to inpatients, Emergency Department/Triagepatients, and outpatients. The range of treatment consists of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, invasive/intraoperative, and non-invasive techniques.Overall services include Diagnostic X-Ray procedures, ComputedTomography, Ultrasound, MagneticResonanceImaging, Nuclear Medicine, and Interventional Radiology. Related to imaging includes interpretation,dictation,transcription, PACS management, patient billing,marketing,equipment purchasing,quality assurance monitoring, evaluation,radiation safety, and continuing education.
The Sonographer provides quality patient care when performing diagnostic sonographic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy for interpretation and/or intervention.
• Acts as sonography section leader and represents ultrasonography to the Imaging Services Manager when considering equipment
choices, technical issues, or personnel issues.
• Works closely with Radiologist to perform diagnostic sonographic exams.
• Exercises professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complimentary to quality care.
• Delivers appropriate care while recognizing patient conditions and ensuring successful completion of procedures.
• Complies with all state and federal regulations applicable to each modality.
• Adheres to Orlando Health mission statements and commitment to excellence standards.
• Assesses the patient's physical condition and age specific needs.
• Provides instructions that achieve patient cooperation and desired results.
• Performs proper patient identification, acquires patient's clinical history, and assures that the information is accurately documented.
• Positions patient, equipment, associated devices and manipulates technical factors to achieve high quality images for interpretation.
• Assesses diagnostic images for technical quality, proper annotation, and patient identification, ensuring that all relative anatomy
• Comprehends and complies with Quality Control standards and participates in all Quality Control tasks.
• Administers medical aid as required for any emergency situation.
• Assists in supervision of student sonographers and training of new sonographers.
• Applies appropriate standard precautions and personal protective equipment to prevent cross-contamination of contagious diseases.
• Utilizes all Corporate Radiology computer systems effectively and accurately.
• Ensures safety of all customers.
• Directs and assist with daily workflow of the imaging team to include patient flow, supply ordering, staff assignments, and resolution
of customer service issues.
• Plans and prioritizes exam scheduling and processing that support the needs of the patients and physicians.
• Actively participates in departmental projects and process improvement initiatives.
• Assists manager in holding self and team accountable for producing quality images, detailed documentation, and charge
management through the Quality Control Program.
• Orients and precepts staff.
• Participates on committees.
• Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal,
state, and local standards.
• Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Associate degree in applied science and graduate of an accredited school of sonography and meets American Registry of Diagnostic
Medical Sonographer (ARDMS) eligibility guidelines.
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) registered through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certificate.
Maintains RDMS physics registry and three ARDMS registries.
Two (2) years of experience in sonography. Knowledge of routine ultrasound procedures which may include invasive procedures such
as biopsies, amniocentesis, thoracentesis, breast cyst aspiration, and breast localization, and knowledge of Doppler, 3D/4D, and
Sonographer VFT / Day Shift