- City of Winter Garden
- Winter Garden, Florida
- Apr 17, 2023
- Jun 16, 2023
- Facilities / Maintenance, Operations
To provide quality aquatic opportunities and programs for patrons in a safe and enjoyable environment. Emphasis on safety, accident prevention and responding to emergency situations.
• Maintain and possess a valid American Red Cross Lifeguard Training certification (training provided).
• Maintain and possess current First Aid, CPR, and AED training certifications (training provided).
• Complete a minimum of 4 hours of in-service training per month. Participation in training is the responsibility of every lifeguard to perform.
• Performs Red Cross protocols, audits, and safety evaluations as required by training program.
• Performs Rescues, CPR, First Aid, and use of AED as necessary.
• Provides information to the general public and patrons in a professional and courteous manner.
• Keeps pool deck, bath houses, and general pool area clear of debris and in working order at all times.
• Inspects safety and operational equipment and reports any deficiencies to the pool manager or Recreation Supervisor.
• Performs swimming test skills and provides safety information to participants.
• Documents accidents, incidents, pool closures, rescues, chemical reports, etc.
• Assists with special event and daily programs and activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Works under the supervision of the Recreation Supervisor and/or Recreation Specialist and/or Pool Manager.
• Must maintain current Red Cross Lifeguard Certificate, CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications (training provided).
• Be at least 15 years of age.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of pool rules, safety equipment and rescue techniques.
• Ability to recognize and respond to lightning and environmental threats.
• Ability to effectively maintain crowd control and program activity in a safe and professional manner.
• Ability to perform friendly and effective customer service pertaining to the pool rules, program activities, and operational functions.
• Ability to swim 300 yards, without resting, using front crawl or breaststroke.
• Tread water using legs only for two minutes.
• Pick up a ten pound brick from 8 1/2 feet of water and swim 25 yards with brick.
• Perform a timed rapid extrication within 1 minute and 40 seconds.
• Tasks involve some combination of reaching, bending, kneeling, carrying, pushing, pulling and lifting (20- 50 lbs.)
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Prolonged exposure to heat, high humidity, sun, rain and inclement weather.
The City of Winter Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Winter Garden provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.