LPN, Skytop View, SNU
Provides and documents individualized resident care to include resident evaluation, education, medication administration, IV therapy,
treatments and resident safety under the supervision of the RN.
• Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of resident care/unit equipment as defined by unit specific requisite skills.
• Communicates appropriate information regarding the resident's condition to the MD and other members of the healthcare team.
• Maintains a safe and caring environment for both resident and family.
• Assumes an active role in keeping informed about changes in facility policy, procedure, and equipment.
• Participates in nursing PI activities as assigned.
• Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, resident rights, and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the resident served on the assigned unit.
• Demonstrates the ability to evaluate data reflective of the resident's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to
• identify each resident's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the
• unit's/area's/department's policies and procedures.
• Supervises and delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patient's needs and the
• team member's capabilities and qualifications.
• Collaborate with IDT regarding care plan updates as well as meetings held with patients and families.
• Completion of chart audits upon request from nursing leadership.
• Participation of Orlando Health leadership courses as assigned.
• Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards.
• Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Graduate from LPN program or Board recognized nursing equivalency.
• Maintains current Florida LPN license renewed every two years.
• Maintains current BLS certification.
• Maintains current IV Therapy/Central line certification.
LPN, Skytop View, SNU