MRI Corporate QA Technologist
Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children
Providing compassionate care to the children, teenagers and young adults of Central Florida for more than 30 years, Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children is located on the downtown Orlando campus and includes 156 licensed beds for specialized care for children as well as the Bert Martin's Champions for Children Emergency Department & Trauma Center, offering trauma care for children as the pediatric site of the Orlando Health ORMC Level One Trauma Center. State-of-the-art pediatric services are provided by a comprehensive staff that includes pediatric subspecialty physicians and a nursing team that is “Magnet” recognized for nursing excellence and high-quality patient care. The hospital also has earned national recognition for 12 consecutive years as a “Best Children's Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report and was included, together with Orlando Health ORMC, in the IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals® list for 2021.
Arnold Palmer Hospital is seeking for MRI Corporate QA Technologist. They have extensive experience performing patient procedures, processing and enhancing images, and preparing images for interpreting physician to view. In addition, they have an advanced knowledge of MRI, holding an advanced certification in MRI. They have responsibility for sharing this knowledge with the technical staff and ensuring that all sites have consistent updated protocols and processes. They are the primary liaison with the interpreting physicians and MRI Technologists.
This is an educational role to help improve scanning protocols and staff eduction. This is a Monday - Friday dayshift position
• Ensures high quality and consistency of MRI guidelines throughout Orlando Health.
• Primary liaison with the Radiologists/Cardiologists and the MRI technologists on all issues related to MRI guidelines
• Responsible for the implementation of new MRI software and technology.
• Monitors and reports to Imaging Services Director: potential maintenance concerns and standardizes quality assurance and
• Participates in the decision-making process of acquiring new equipment assuring that all MRI equipment is compliant
with Orlando Health, Joint Commission, ACR, and Florida State requirements.
• Coordinates submission of appropriate paperwork and clinical images necessary for ACR (American College of
• Rotates regularly throughout all Orlando Health facilities providing MRI services; assessing and addressing site
specific quality and performance issues to ensure organizational compliance and quality standards.
• Communicates with the Imaging Services Director or Manager to maximize the utilization of MRI services through safe,
quality-minded, cost-effective measures.
• Ensures safety of patients.
• Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and
other Federal, state, and local standards.
• Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies, Department guidelines, and education requirements.
• Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology; and
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three (3) years of experience; or
• Associate degree with a minimum of five (5) years of experience
• Must maintain a valid Florida State license as a Certified Radiologic Technologist
• Must maintain a valid American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification
• Must maintain a valid ARRT certification in Magnetic Resonance Imaging
• Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification
- Three (3) years' experience in MRI with specialized training in applications required.
- Must be proficient in using a variety of radiology hospital-based computer systems and software applications including
MRI Corporate QA Technologist