Cath Lab Tech
Orlando Health Medical Group, FHV Health, is a multispecialty physician group which includes primary care, cardiology and vascular practices located throughout Lake, Sumter and Marion counties.
For more than three decades, FHV Health has provided community access to nationally recognized heart and vascular experts and world-renowned medical innovation. Our cardiologists were the first in the area to perform procedures including primary angioplasty, repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms and carotid artery stenting. Our team of consultative and interventional cardiologists is committed to providing the highest level of cardiovascular and peripheral vascular care through advanced training and leading-edge technology.
Why choose FHV Health?
- No nights, holidays, weekends, or call
- Innovative benefits package that begins on day one
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 a year
- Voted Best Place To Work by Forbes
Performs diagnostic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy for interpretation and/or intervention for cardiovascular procedures.
***This position is located in the Leesburg/The Villages area***
• Delivers appropriate care while recognizing patient conditions and ensuring successful completion of procedures and protocols.
Assesses the patient's physical condition and age specific needs.
• Ensures that patient's education of procedure performed, needs, safety, and comfort are met while in their care.
• Acquires patient's clinical history and assures that the information is accurately documented. Verifies files and records for completeness and accuracy of the patient involved in studies. Archives and amends demographic information to appropriate storage media
• Positions patient, equipment, associated devices and manipulates technical factors to achieve high quality images for interpretation.
• Assesses processed image media for technical quality, and patient identification, ensuring that all relative anatomy is demonstrated.
• When applicable, applies principals of radiation protection to minimize exposure to patient, self and others.
• Provides physiological and hemodynamic monitoring during diagnostic and interventional procedures.
• Supports the Physician as a scrub assistant for cardiovascular procedures.
• Demonstrates the knowledge of aseptic technique.
• Appraises and evaluates actual and potential hemostasis of a vessel post procedure.
• Locates, uses and troubleshoots complex technical equipment/instruments. Acts as a resource for its operation and training
• Maintains use of customer service skills in communication with all Orlando Health staff, visitors and co-workers.
• Maintains adequate inventory levels of supplies, equipment, resources tools and forms.
• Mentors or is a preceptor for new staff while maintaining high standards of patient care, documentation, and professionalism.
Understands application and technical aspects of all equipment and supplies used in all procedures.
• Ensures case turnover time to be within established department standards by maintaining proper workflow and prioritizing optimize patient care.
• Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
• Participates in process improvement activities as assigned.
• Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patients' rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
• Accountable for maintaining down time productivity.
• Notifies Biomed and/or vendor as appropriate to resolve the problem and report the incident to the supervisor.
• Demonstrates good judgment and decision making skills as required or will solicit supervisory input.
• Utilizes all department computer systems effectively and accurately.
• Assists in developing and implementing essential policy and procedures.
• Maintains a working knowledge of all-procedural changes and equipment updates.
• Maintains cleanliness of work area and equipment. Maintains well stocked and organized work areas.
• Works evenings, weekends, holidays and call as scheduled.
• May be required to work at any ORH facility.
• Demonstrates efficient use of supplies.
• Assists with collection of QA data.
• Manages reportable occurrences and files appropriate forms with Risk Management.
• Implement established procedures for BSI.
• Participates in the process to ensure that all OSHA, JCAHO, FDA regulations are adhered to within the department.
• Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing education to maintain licensure
A graduate of an accredited school of Respiratory Care, Radiologic Technology, Cardiovascular Technology.
• Maintains current certification as a Rad Tech (RT); or
• Maintains current Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT); or
• Maintains current Registered Cardiovascular Technician (RCVT); or
• Maintains current Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS); or
• Cardiovascular Tech (CVT)
o Newly hired CVT graduates must take and pass the RCIS certification within 6 month of employment within Orlando Health. Failure to pass the RCIS certification will result in removal from the Invasive Specialist Tech position.
• BLS for Healthcare Provider and ACLS certification.
• PALS may be required depending on unit specific needs.
Cath Lab Tech