Faculty - Career Readiness (Multiple positions)
Winter Park, Florida
If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!In the Career Readiness course, students will research the job market in their industry and continue to develop their personal brand. Using communication best practices, students will create a strategy for engaging with potential employers. Students will craft their résumés, cover letters, and professional portfolios for a specific audience. This course provides students with the tools to apply their research and attained skills toward their employment goals. Associate Course Directors may be required to teach both on-campus and online. All positions are full time in Winter Park, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an environment of learning through effective teaching skills, maintain student-centered focus, and update curriculum to keep current and relevant to industry standards.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and encourage active learning.
- Create learning activities, including assignments, tests, quizzes and labs, and assess student outcomes in a timely manner through effective assessment and constructive feedback to students to support the learning process.
- Perform lectures for campus courses, and hold scheduled virtual course meetings for online courses. Teaching will be conducted through on-campus and online delivery.
- Interact positively with diverse student populations; provide all students with equal opportunities for learning.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the industry, maintain knowledge and skill relevancy through continuing education as defined in the faculty development plan.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of student and company information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: May oversee lab specialists to ensure the integrity of curriculum and degree learning outcomes.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and punctuation
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task while working independently and collaboratively with other teachers and university staff
- Ability to interact professionally and constructively with students and staff at all levels in an immersive, fast paced environment
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of four (4) years related and verifiable work experience and required to hold a Master's degree in Human Resources, Management, Higher Education, Corporate Communication, Technical Writing, Career & Vocational Education, Business, Organizational Development, Public Administration, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Experiences with technical writing for resume and career placement
- Experience in Career advising, vocational placement, human resources, recruiting, and/or talent acquisition
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Keynote/PowerPoint and Outlook
- Use of Screen-capture webtools or software that allows for recording voice and screen.
- Experience with public speaking and giving presentations.
- Experience designing presentations.
- Ability to interact professionally and constructively with students and staff at all level in an immersive, fast-paced environment.
- Prior teaching experience is a plus.
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office and classroom environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active student and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.