IT Specialist IV – Exchange Administrator
- Orange County Sheriff's Office
- Orlando, Florida
- May 01, 2023
- Jun 30, 2023
- Government, Security, Technology
- Customer Service, IT
Starting Salary: $69,513/yr – $106,766/yr depending on the level of education and experience.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
An IT Specialist IV plays a key technical role in IT infrastructure planning, development, maintenance and management. This position is strategic in nature and includes creating advanced analytical, technical and administrative work products in information technology. In addition, the Exchange Administrator will maintain On-site and cloud-based IT services required to configure and administer the Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft 365 platforms. #oj
- At least 18 years of age.
- U.S. Citizen or possess a current permanent resident card.
- Accredited high school or GED diploma.
- Must be able to comprehend and communicate fluently in verbal and written English.
- Good work history.
- Clean criminal history; any arrest history will be individually evaluated.
- No illegal drug usage within the last year. Other usage will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems Management or Computer Science AND five (5) years of related experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience. **Experience may be substituted on a year for year basis in lieu of education requirement. Related experience to include the following: Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Exchange Online, Microsoft Office 365, and Experience migrating hybrid environments to Azure and Azure Active Directory. Scripting knowledge in Microsoft PowerShell. Experience leading large scale IT projects related to design, deployment and configuration.
- Must have at least one advanced certification pertaining to their specific position.
- Must have advanced skills in the following areas: Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Active Directory Domain administration (Windows servers and services like DHCP, DNS, IIS, SMTP, HTTP, CIFS, Print, and Group Policies), and Microsoft Azure administration. VMware or Hyper-V administration.
- Must have a valid Florida driver's license.
- Must attend and successfully complete the agency sponsored Law Enforcement Vehicle Operations (LEVO) Training if assignment includes driving an agency vehicle. Use of agency vehicle would require appropriate driving history and passing agency biennial driver's physical exam.
- Depending on assignment, may be required to be FCIC/NCIC certified within one (1) year of accepting position.
- Ability to administer the design, installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting of the agency's messaging environment for both the on-premises and cloud-based hosting technologies.
- Ability to administer the testing, implementation, and deployment of Microsoft Exchange Online.
- Ability to develop and monitor security procedures to safeguard messaging systems from physical harm, viruses, unauthorized users, and damage to data.
- Ability to create, administer and monitor current and future standards, practices, policies, and procedures for enterprise messaging implementations.
- Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders (i.e. Network Engineers and System Administrators) to provide optimal system performance for the agency.
- Ability to design and conduct messaging server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the agency's disaster recovery and business continuity strategies. Integrate messaging servers, including backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Ability to create, administer and facilitate documentation as it relates to messaging system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Must have advanced skills in development tools, server administration tools, or network & security administration tools.
- Ability to meet with stakeholders (i.e. senior staff, section commanders, OCSO employees, public & regulatory agencies and private citizens) to identify business objectives and requirements and translate them into an acceptable technology solution that is cost effective and consistent with agency policy.
- Must have the ability to use creative and original thinking.
- Must also have ability to use judgment and discretion. Ability to focus and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, and financial reports.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from citizens, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to work with complex mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Administration of virtual infrastructures using VMware vSphere and vCenter.
- Some positions, depending on the responsibilities, may require the candidate to successfully pass a physical or other selection processes when needed.
- Please upload a copy of your resume that is no longer than two (2) pages in length to your application
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and also sit and work on the computer for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or use hands to handle or feel. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and may have to assist someone lifting up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is generally performed in a standard office setting. The employee must be able to work in remote locations within Orange County and possibly outside of Orange County. The employee will be working with computer related equipment and may occasionally be exposed to the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Depending on assignment, may be required to occasionally work evenings and/or weekends. The employee is required to support the agency's emergency operations during a critical incident and may be recalled. The employee may also be assigned to a technical team in order to support the agency during a critical incident.
The Orange County Sheriff's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Orange County Sheriff's Office may provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.