- Toho Water Authority
- Kissimmee, Florida
- May 02, 2023
- Jul 01, 2023
The purpose of this position is to perform responsible and professional engineering work. The position requires a Professional Engineer license. The position manages design and construction of large water and wastewater plant improvement projects; evaluates, signs and seals capacity analysis reports and plant operating permits as a licensed engineer; negotiates various contracts and agreements; approves construction pay applications and consultant invoices; creates agenda items and reports; schedules, leads and attends meetings; researches emerging technologies for water and wastewater treatment. Other duties include creating presentations; communicating with other departments and other municipalities on multi-agency projects; participating in CIP and operating budget planning. This position may be required to mentor engineers-in-training, professional engineers, and administrative staff under the guidance of a chief engineer.Essential Functions
- Manages CIP projects by negotiating contracts; reviewing designs and construction documents; corresponding with engineers, consultants, agencies; reviewing proposals and invoices; evaluating hydraulic calculations; developing project schedules; developing bid documents and addenda; managing, overseeing and inspecting construction on major construction projects; reviewing and approving pay applications; researching project requirements and engineering information; applying for and administering grants; administering bidding; overseeing construction inspector; solving construction issues; negotiating change orders; closing out projects; inspecting construction site; preparing and approving project completion certificates. Signs and seals analysis reports and water and wastewater treatment plant Operating Permit Renewals. May act as liaison/project manager and represents TWA on multi-agency projects. Assists with Consultant Selection and Continuing Services Selection Committees responsible for acquiring Engineering and Construction services.
- May mentor Engineers-in-training, Professional Engineers, and Administrative staff. Assists by directing staff meetings; training engineers; schedules and project information; provides feedback during interim and annual evaluation reviews; supports Treatment Operations.
- Performs administrative duties by developing CIP budgets; action plans, preparing project summaries, agenda items, etc.; developing reports and presentations and delivering presentations to various Boards (TWA and other multi-jurisdictional Boards); directing staff meetings; assisting with strategic planning; creating interim and annual evaluations; organizing committees; organizing project requirements with other departments;
- Performs general engineering functions by reviewing emerging technologies and equipment; evaluating hydraulic models; attending training and education course; and traveling to National Conferences.
- Bachelor's degree from an ABET accredited university in Civil, Chemical or Environmental Engineering, or related.
- Minimum of five years relevant experience.
- Florida Professional Engineer License.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State of Florida Class E Driver's License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and bend, kneel, squat, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Environmental factors include indoor, flat surface, noise, sitting with occasionally walking and standing.
Health, Dental, and Vision Medical Insurance
Employee Onsite Wellness Center
401(a) and 457 Retirement Plans
Group Basic Life Insurance / AD&D
Paid Vacation and Holidays
Paid Sick Time / Sick Bank
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Spending Account Program
Dependent Care (FSA)
Longevity and Christmas Bonuses
01 Do you currently possess a valid class E State of Florida Driver's License?
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- None of the above
- 5 years of experience
- 6 years of experience
- 7 years of experience
- 8 or more years of experience