Business Center Manager - Commercial Technology Underwriting Management
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$112,700.00 - $186,000.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under Business Center Director guidance, provide guidance and direction in managing a team of AEs to ensure the achievement of the team's goals and financial objectives. Supports the day to day underwriting of Business Center eligible renewal and new business for aligned practices and geographies. Responsible for staff related decisions. Coach, develop and guide staff to provide effective and efficient underwriting support to regions aligned to the Business Center. Works with Business Center Director to implement business strategies that effectively achieve profit and growth objectives for aligned practices and geographies Partners with field as appropriate to support market penetration objectives and cross-sell opportunities.
What Will You Do?
- Leading Others:
- In addition to leading self, effectively manages all facets of staff performance in order to achieve business objectives.
- Proactively recruits for talent and acquires high caliber people with a diversity of skills and backgrounds.
- In partnership with BC Director establish performance goals.
- Manages performance providing honest, constructive feedback; effectively coaching; developing talent; and identifying training opportunities and needs.
- Provides tangible rewards for significant achievements. Clearly differentiates rewards for top performers.
- Develop and train team members
- Manage workload and workflow to maximize efficiency.
- Underwriting and Pricing:
- Provides input into the development of regional business plans.
- Implements business strategies to effectively achieve business objectives for aligned practices and geographies. Initiates collaborative discussions.
- Quality Management:
- Accountable for team's quality assurance process, results, and corrective actions.
- Leads efforts to achieve quality results and promotes a spirit of always 'doing the right thing' on behalf of the enterprise and the business.
- Oversees file reviews for team and coaches team based upon findings.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and in partnership with BC Director implements action plans to address quality issues.
- Business Relationships:
- Proactively builds & maintains relationships with field leaders.
- Effectively communicates with peers and all levels of management.
- Business Collaboration:
- Effectively fosters collaboration within the business center and drives a collaborative business approach across the enterprise. Seeks enterprise-wide solutions to local business issues.
- Encourages others to seek solutions to business problems that optimize the results and performance across the Enterprise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- 1 year of management experience preferred.
- Industry/Business Knowledge:
- Understands industry business operations and work methods, critical business issues and financial drivers that affect the region and local office.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the local insurance marketplace and effectively uses that knowledge to the Company's advantage; continuously seeks out local market insight.
- Business Perspective: Uses knowledge of internal and external factors impacting the property & casualty industry to make decisions
- Analytical Thinking/Financial Acumen: Identifies current or future problems or opportunities, analyzes, synthesizes and compares information to understand issues, identifies cause/effect relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound decision making
- Relationship Management: Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
- People Management: Manages staff performance and development in order to achieve business objectives.
What is a Must Have?
- 3 years of Property & Casualty experience required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.