Lab Specialist - Film
Winter Park, Florida
If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!Our goal in the Film Bachelors program is to provide students with the focused knowledge and understanding of film theory and craft needed to qualify for entry-level industry positions as independent filmmakers, camera operators, production assistants, editors, sound designers, assistant directors, unit production managers, art directors, lighting technicians, director's assistants, and dialogue editors, as well as a variety of other positions in the film and television video industries. The program also strives to develop the team-building and collaborative skills needed to prepare graduates to work as part of a professional industry crew.
In addition to technical proficiency and creative development, our instructors nurture the critical-thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills that will contribute to lifelong learning, providing students with tools to help sustain a long and productive professional career in the entertainment and media industry.
Lab Specialists bring their professional knowledge and experience to teach both on-campus and online. All positions are full time, in Winter Park, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an environment of learning through effective teaching skills, maintain student-centered focus, and update curriculum to keep current and relevant to industry standards.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and encourage active learning.
- Facilitate labs for campus courses and hold scheduled virtual meetings for online courses.
- Interact positively with diverse student populations; provide all students with equal opportunities for learning.
- Provide timely, regular responses and constructive feedback to students to support the learning process.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the industry, maintain knowledge and skill relevancy through continuing education as defined in the faculty development plan.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of student and company information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and punctuation
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task while working independently or collaboratively with other teachers and university staff
- Ability to interact with students and staff at all levels in a fast paced environment
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of four (4) years related and verifiable work experience or hold a Master's or Bachelor's degree in Film, Cinematography, Television, Digital Media, Communications, or Master's degree with at least 18 graduate semester hours in any combination of the following subject areas: Mass Communication (Radio/TV broadcasting), Media Studies, Film, Electrical Engineering,Visual Studies or related discipline from an accredited college or university required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
- Must be well versed in multi-camera television studio production.
- Professional experience with the following…
- Broadcast studio engineering, broadcast switchers, broadcast studio wiring / signal flow
- CCU / studio camera setup
- Digital video servers, transcoding video files
- Lighting with ETC or comparable lighting boards, DMX LED wiring
- Familiarity with digital audio consoles, wireless audio systems and wireless studio communication
- Chyron broadcast graphics
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Keynote/PowerPoint and Outlook
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in a recording studio, project studio, computer lab environment, or live event production facility. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate effectively with students, instructors, and support staff, and interact appropriately with computer systems, and audio, video, and lighting production equipment as necessary. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.