Lab Specialist - Recording Principles
Winter Park, Florida
If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!The goal of the Recording Arts Bachelor of Science degree program is to provide students with the focused skills and knowledge of audio engineering needed to qualify for entry-level industry positions as recording engineers, mix engineers, postproduction and game audio engineers, digital audio workstation operators and programmers, music/effects/dialogue editors, live-production engineers, and a variety of other positions in the audio industry. In addition to technical proficiency and creative development, the education provided through this program will help students develop critical-thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills that contribute to lifelong learning, providing them with tools to help sustain a long and productive professional career in the entertainment and media industries. Lab Specialists ensure lab tutorials and/or lab assignments as defined by the Course Director are completed. They maintain professionalism in the lab environment and assist students with technology and project implementation. Lab Specialists may be required to teach both on-campus and online. All positions are full time in Winter Park, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an environment of learning through effective teaching skills, maintain student-centered focus, and update curriculum to keep current and relevant to industry standards.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and encourage active learning.
- Facilitate labs for campus courses and hold scheduled virtual meetings for online courses.
- Interact positively with diverse student populations; provide all students with equal opportunities for learning.
- Provide timely, regular responses and constructive feedback to students to support the learning process.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the industry, maintain knowledge and skill relevancy through continuing education as defined in the faculty development plan.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of student and company information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and punctuation
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task while working independently or collaboratively with other teachers and university staff
- Ability to interact with students and staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of four (4) years related and verifiable work experience or hold a Bachelor's degree in Audio Production, Recording Arts, or Music Technology or related discipline from an accredited college or university required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Bachelor's degree in Audio Production or Music Technology preferred
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Working knowledge of Logic Pro X audio software.
- Working knowledge of Pro Tools audio software.
- Experience with studio recording, microphones, signal flow, and console operations.
- Working knowledge of acoustics and general properties of sound.
- Experience with hardware and software versions of time-based and dynamic processors.
- Experience and knowledge of Apple operating system.
- Additional experience with audio post production and/or sound for games is not required but is advantageous.
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in a recording studio, project studio, computer lab environment, or live event production facility. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate effectively with students, instructors, and support staff, and interact appropriately with computer systems, and audio, video, and lighting production equipment as necessary. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.