Lab Specialist - Game Development
Winter Park, Florida
If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
The Game Development degree program at Full Sail University is designed to give the students the programming skills and theory needed to excel in the world of game development. It guides students through the entire game development cycle, from preproduction to finished product by covering advanced topics that are commonly used in either the Game Development, Game Design, Software Development, Simulation & Visualization, Mobile Development or Web Development industries. Lab Specialists will work in a variety of courses across these disciplines to help students learn and achieve their goals. Lab Specialists may be required to teach both on-campus and online. All positions are full time in Winter Park, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an environment of learning through effective teaching skills, maintain student-centered focus, and update curriculum to keep current and relevant to industry standards.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and encourage active learning.
- Create learning activities, including assignments, tests, quizzes and labs, and assess student outcomes in a timely manner through effective assessment and constructive feedback to students to support the learning process.
- Facilitate labs for campus courses and hold scheduled virtual meetings for online courses.
- Provide timely, regular responses and constructive feedback to students to support the learning process.
- Interact positively with diverse student populations; provide all students with equal opportunities for learning.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the industry, maintain knowledge and skill relevancy through continuing education as defined in the faculty development plan.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of student and company information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and punctuation
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task while working independently and collaboratively with other teachers and university staff
- Ability to interact professionally and constructively with students and staff at all levels in an immersive, fast paced environment
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of four (4) years related and verifiable work experience or required to hold a Bachelor's degree in Game Development, Software Development, Computer Science or related disciplines from an accredited college or university. Requirements will be varied based on our Accrediting Commission (ACCSC).
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Keynote/PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficiency with C++ & C#, additional languages are a plus
- Experience with the DirectX 11 API or equivalent
- Strong proficiency with modern real-time rendering techniques
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office and classroom environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active student and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.