Senior Production Aviation Underwriter
IAT Insurance Group Aviation team has an immediate opening for an Aviation Underwriter tasked with evaluating significant and unique situations while weighing data and intangibles while maintaining and building relationships in the commercial aviation and general liability space.
This role works a hybrid schedule from any IAT Office. The hybrid schedule reflects our values (thinking and acting like an owner, collaboration, and teamwork) as it requires working from the office with colleagues and other disciplines Monday through Wednesday, with the option of working Thursday and Friday remotely. We have an office in Sarasota, FL, Scottsdale, AZ, and Alpharetta, GA. Depending on location.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years of underwriting experience building their own book of business in the commercial aviation and general liability space. Candidates with significant experience will be considered for an Underwriting Specialist or Underwriting Director level role.
- Review and analyze underwriting files, using judgment and experience as primary criteria, to accept new business or continue renewals within established authority level.
- Review and analyze all documents within or associated with the underwriting file to establish accuracy in identification and minimizing the risk of exposure, utilizing change requests, claim information, loss control, and outside databases to identify changes in exposure to risk.
- Review, evaluate, and determine account premium levels using sound judgment consistent with established company premium modification plans within authority limits.
- Read, evaluate, and interpret contracts and policies to determine exposures providing guidance and clarification to others consistent with experience.
- Provide clarification and verification of coverage to the Claims Department consistent with experience.
- Market to assigned agencies to achieve acceptable new business flow.
- Assess agency activity; provide clarification to agency personnel about the company's position in annual visits to assigned agencies consistent with experience.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- Bachelors' degree, with at least 5 years relevant experience in commercial Insurance or equivalent
- Equivalent is defined as having at lease 9 years of risk management experience.
- Must have aviation underwriting experience.
- Must have aviation commercial general liability experience and a deep understanding of exposure within this space.
- Must have had a letter of authority in excess of $5 million.
- Must possess the ability to appropriately apply loss development and advanced loss analysis concepts to achieve optimal pricing of a risk.
- Must be able to creatively utilize coverage features, deductibles, or reinsurance on individual risks to achieve company objectives.
- Requires strong math aptitude, excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills.
- Must possess knowledge of various computer programs, internet-based programs, and PC literate in the use of spreadsheets.
- To qualify, applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require VISA sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment purposes.
Prefer to Have:
- Candidates with at least 8 years of aviation experience
- CAIP, CPCU, ARM, or AU industry designations.
- INS21, 22, and 23 or equivalent is a plus.
IAT is the largest private, family- owned property and casualty insurer in the U.S. Insurance Answers Together® is how we define IAT, in letter and in spirit. We work together to provide solutions for people and businesses. We collaborate internally and with our partners to provide the best possible insurance and surety options for our customers. It's about far more than being a workplace. We're a work family.
At IAT, our fundamental belief is to a create a culture where all employees are heard and have a sense of belonging. Inclusion and Diversity are not just initiatives, it's how we live. We're committed to driving and building an open and supportive culture. By embracing the uniqueness of our employees, investing in their development, listening to, and engaging their ideas, we are stronger as an organization.
Our employees propel IAT forward – driving innovation, stable partnerships and growth. That's why we continue to build an engaging workplace culture to attract and retain the best talent.
We offer comprehensive benefits like:
- 26 PTO Days (Entry Level) + 12 Company Holidays = 38 Paid Days Off
- 7% 401(k) Company Match and additional Profit Sharing
- Hybrid work environment
- Numerous training and development opportunities to assist you in furthering your career
- Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Opportunity to earn performance-based bonuses
- College Loan Assistance Support Plan
- Educational Assistance Program
- Mentorship Program
- Dress for Your Day Policy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace and participate in E-Verify.
Come join the IAT family!
Steve Morley | Senior Recruiter